Where to Bet MLB Baseball: Texas Rangers vs Chicago White Sox
Thursday, July 05, 2012
The Texas Rangers try to avoid being swept for the first time this season when they take on the Chicago White Sox at U.S. Cellular Field on Thursday afternoon. Texas, which leads the Los Angeles Angels by five games in the American League West, has not been swept by Chicago since August 2001. The Rangers had won seven consecutive series before dropping the first two of this three-game set.
Chicago, which is two games ahead of Cleveland in the AL Central, extended its home winning streak to four games with Wednesday's 10-inning victory. The White Sox evened their mark at U.S. Cellular Field at 21-21 as Kevin Youkilis hit a walk-off single. Youkilis appears to enjoy playing in Chicago as he is 5-for-10 with a homer and five RBIs in his first two home games for the White Sox.
Harrison attempts to post his eighth consecutive victory and become the first 12-game winner in the American League. The 26-year-old, who has not lost since May 12, allowed two runs over eight innings in a triumph over Oakland in his last outing on Friday. Harrison improved to 3-0 lifetime against the White Sox when he tossed six scoreless innings in his season debut on April 8.
Quintana is in search of his third straight win. The 23-year-old Colombian notched the victory over the Yankees in New York on Friday despite surrendering six runs in six innings. Quintana threw eight scoreless frames in each of his previous two outings and had yielded a total of six runs in 21 innings over his first four starts.
1. Texas LHP Derek Holland is expected to come off the disabled list and start Saturday against Minnesota.
2. White Sox DH Adam Dunn is the fifth player in club history with at least 25 home runs and 60 RBIs at the All-Star break, joining Dick Allen (1974), Frank Thomas (1994 and 2000), Jim Thome (2006) and Jermaine Dye (2006)
3. Rangers LHP Robbie Ross extended his scoreless innings streak to 21 with 1 2/3 frames on Wednesday.
Recent Trends on Texas: :
- Under is 6-2 in TEX last 8 road games.
- TEX are 16-6 in their last 22 overall.
- TEX are 16-6 in their last 22 games on grass.
Recent Trends on Chi. White Sox: :
- Under is 8-2 in CHW last 10 games following a win.
- CHW are 6-2 in their last 8 overall.
- CHW are 6-2 in their last 8 games on grass.
Las Vegas Sports Betting MLB Prediction: Chicago +120
More Prediction at Las Vegas Sports Pick
- Betting on Vegas MLB Games: Cleveland Indians vs Chicago White Sox
- Betting on Vegas MLB Games: Detroit Tigers vs Chicago White Sox
- Las Vegas MLB Prediction: Minnesota Twins vs Chicago White Sox
- Baseball Las Vegas Odds: Chicago White Sox at Texas Rangers
- 2012 Baseball Odds: Texas Rangers at Chicago White Sox