NHL Hockey Picks: San Jose Sharks at Dallas Stars
Tuesday, April 03, 2012
The San Jose Sharks blanked the Dallas Stars 3-0 on Saturday and leapfrogged them into eighth place in the Western Conference. The Stars have a chance to return the favor and climb back into the eight hole in the West when they host the Sharks on Tuesday in the back end of a home-and-home.
San Jose has scored 20 goals in winning four of the five meetings (4-0-1) against the Stars this season.
When: 8:30 PM ET, Tuesday, April 3, 2012
Where: American Airlines Center, Dallas, Texas
TV: 8:30 p.m. ET, CS California (Sharks), FS Southwest (Stars)
San Jose Sharks (40-29-10): Joe Pavelski scored two goals and Antti Niemi turned aside 22 shots for his sixth shutout in Saturday's victory. Niemi, who will be making his 19th consecutive start, has been a nemesis for Dallas. He is 7-2-3 lifetime against the Stars and 5-0-1 the last six times he has faced them. San Jose continues to labor on the road, losing four straight, eight of nine and 17 of 21. In the last four away from home, the Sharks have been outscored 13-5.
Dallas Stars (42-32-5): Saturday's loss to San Jose capped a 1-3 road trip that dropped Dallas from Pacific Division leader to outside the playoff picture. Kari Lehtonen has split a pair of decisions against the Sharks and is 4-5-1 with a 3.51 goals against average in 10 career starts against them. The Stars opened the month with six consecutive victories, but have won only three of nine games since. Their defense has surrendered at least four goals four times in the span.
San Jose has not missed the playoffs
2. Dallas has the league’s worst power play and has converted on only 2 of 25 chances in the past 10 games.
3. The Sharks’ penalty-killing unit is 27th in the league with a 78.5 percent success rate.
NHL PREDICTION: Sharks 4, Stars 2
- NHL Hockey Lines: San Jose Sharks at Dallas Stars
- NHL Hockey Las Vegas Odds: San Jose Sharks at Detroit Red Wings
- Las Vegas NHL Betting Predictions: San Jose Sharks at Phoenix Coyotes
- NHL Hockey Betting Odds and Lines: Dallas Stars vs San Jose Sharks
- NHL Hockey Las Vegas Odds and Picks: Dallas Stars vs San Jose Sharks