MLB Baseball Picks: Chicago White Sox vs Minnesota Twins
Monday, June 25, 2012
The White Sox begin a three-game series at Minnesota Twins with a new third baseman after acquiring Kevin Youkilis on Sunday in a trade with the Red Sox. Chicago White Sox parted with pitcher Zach Stewart and utilityman Brent Lillibridge to get Youkilis, who was batting .233 with four homers and 14 RBIs for Boston. The White Sox are hoping the change of scenery benefits Youkilis, a career .286 hitter. The trade should solidify third base for Chicago, which was platooning Brent Morel and Orlando Hudson prior to Youkilis' arrival.
The Twins took two out of three in Cincinnati over the weekend, but they’re without a true closer after learning that Matt Capps is likely headed to the disabled list. Capps complained of soreness after pitching one inning on Saturday in his first appearance in a week after dealing with inflammation in his right shoulder. The Twins will use a closer-by-committee approach while Capps is out, with Glen Perkins and Jared Burton expected to get most of the save opportunities.
Peavy allowed two runs (one earned) while tossing a complete game in a 2-1 loss to the Cubs on Tuesday. He has a 1.91 ERA through his four starts in June with a 19-to-11 strikeout-to-walk ratio in 28 1/3 innings over that span.
Liriano allowed one run with six strikeouts over 6 2/3 innings Wednesday against Pittsburgh, marking his fifth start in a row with at least six strikeouts. During that stretch, he has a 2.67 ERA and a 35-to-12 strikeout-to-walk ratio in 30 1/3 innings.
2. The White Sox ended a streak of five straight series losses and moved one-half game ahead of Cleveland in the AL Central with a 10-inning, 1-0 victory over the Brewers on Sunday.
Recent Trends on Chi. White Sox: :
- CHW are 1-7 in their last 8 games following a win.
- Under is 19-9-2 in CHW last 30 Mon. games.
- Under is 8-2 in Peavys last 10 road starts.
Recent Trends on Minnesota: :
- MIN are 6-20 in their last 26 Mon. games.
- MIN are 20-46 in their last 66 home games.
- Over is 7-1-1 in Lirianos last 9 Mon. starts.
Head to Head :
- Under is 8-1 in the last 9 meetings in Minnesota.
- CHW are 10-3 in the last 13 meetings.
Las Vegas Sports Betting MLB Prediction: Minnesota +105
More Prediction at Las Vegas Sports Pick
- MLB Odds: Kevin Youkilis and Chicago White Sox vs Minnesota Twins
- Prediction on MLB Games: Chicago White Sox vs Minnesota Twins
- Baseball Predictions and Odds: Chicago White Sox vs Minnesota Twins
- Tuesday July 31 Prediction: Chicago White Sox vs Minnesota Twins
- MLB Baseball Odds: Detroit Tigers vs Minnesota Twins