Baseball Odds & Free Picks: New York Yankees vs Texas Rangers
Wednesday, April 25, 2012
by Mike Stewart
Buoyed by a brilliant performance by Japanese pitching sensation Yu Darvish, the host Texas Rangers will look to take two of three from the New York Yankees when they meet in Wednesday's series finale.
While pitching dominated the middle game of the series, won by Texas 2-0, it's hard to imagine holding down the two most prolific offenses in the majors for a second straight game.
Ian Kinsler's lead-off home run not only gave the Rangers the only run they would need, but also tied New York for the most homers in the league with 28.
Derek Jeter continued his blistering start for the Yankees, collecting a pair of hits to extend his hitting streak to 14 games and lift his batting average to .416. Jeter already had 10 multiple-hit games in the first 17. Josh Hamilton has hit safely in 10 of his last 11 games, swatting six home runs and driving in 16 runs in that span.
Hughes struggled again last time out, allowing six runs in a season-high 5 1/3 innings against Minnesota. He’s pitched brilliantly in the regular season vs. the Rangers, going 2-0 with a 0.00 ERA and .064 batting average against. However, his two most recent outings in Texas were in the 2010 ALCS, and Hughes was battered for 11 runs in 8 2/3 innings in losing both starts.
Feldman has thrown only 2 ½ innings in two bullpen appearances and is making a spot start due to last Saturday's doubleheader in Detroit. Feldman had made six appearances (four starts) against the Yankees, going is 3-2 with a 4.76 ERA. He's had a lot of issues with the top of New York's order. Curtis Granderson is 5-for-8 with three homers, Alex Rodriguez is 4-for-11 with a blast and Jeter is 3-for-11 with two homers.
1. Texas shut out the Yankees for the first time since Aug. 16, 2000.
2. Jeter leads the majors with 32 hits. He’s never had more than 35 in April for his career.
3. Darvish ended New York’s streak of homering in eight straight games.
MLB BASEBALL PREDICTION: Texas 7, New York 3
- MLB Baseball Predictions & Odds: New York Yankees vs Texas Rangers
- MLB Baseball Picks & Tips: New York Yankees vs Texas Rangers
- Prediction on MLB Games: Seattle Mariners at Texas Rangers
- Las Vegas MLB Prediction: Texas Rangers vs New York Yankees
- MB Odds: The Rangers and CJ Wilson vs New York Yankees