NHL Prediction: Calgary Flames at Colorado Avalanche
Tuesday, March 20, 2012
The Calgary Flames travel to Colorado for the fifth of six meetings with the Avalanche on Tuesday. The Flames have taken all four games in the season series and are victorious in nine straight over the Colorado Avalanche. The final contest will take place in Calgary on March 30.
The Flames trail the Avalanche by two points for the eighth seed in the West, but have a game in hand on Colorado.
When: 9:00 PM ET, Tuesday, March 20, 2012
Where: Pepsi Center, Denver, Colorado
TV: 9 p.m. ET, SNET-W (Calgary), Altitude (Colorado)
Calgary Flames (34-26-13): After posting five straight victories, the Flames have dropped two straight. Eight of Calgary’s nine remaining games are against Western Conference foes that are in - or near - playoff contention. The club has lost 344 man games to injury this season and is finally getting some bodies back into the lineup. Forwards Lance Bouma and Tim Jackman and defenseman Chris Butler practiced with the team on Monday. Center Matt Stajan has filled in nicely on the top line, collecting six goals and four assists in his last 13 games after accumulating just six points in the season’s first 39 contests.
Colorado Avalanche (39-30-5): The Avalanche claimed five of a possible six points on its three-game trip to the East. Colorado plays seven of its eight remaining games against teams that are also in the playoff race, including four contests against Northwest Division rivals. "It's exciting. We're happy about being in this position," Avalanche defenseman Shane O Brien said. "I don't think many people gave us much of a chance this year, but we've come together as a team. We need to continue to win each and every night."
Flames goaltender Miikka Kiprusoff is
4-0-0 with a 2.00 goals-against average and .937 save percentage against the
Avalanche this campaign.
2. Colorado’s penalty killing unit has allowed only one power-play goal in the past nine games (20 of 21).
3. Avalanche goalie Semyon Varlamov is 9-2-0 in his last 11 starts with a 1.35 GAA and .956 save percentage.
NHL PREDICTION: Avalanche 3, Flames 2
- NHL Vegas Sports Betting Odds: Calgary Flames at Colorado Avalanche
- Las Vegas Hockey Odds and Picks: Calgary Flames vs Colorado Avalanche
- Las Vegas NHL Betting Predictions: Colorado Avalanche vs Calgary Flames
- NHL Vegas Sports Betting Odds: Calgary Flames vs Los Angeles Kings
- Vegas Hockey Prediction: Colorado Avalanche vs Calgary Flames