MLB Baseball Predictions: Texas Rangers vs Toronto Blue Jays
Tuesday, May 01, 2012
by Mike Stewart
The Rangers were missing Josh Hamilton because of a sore back on Monday but still got a pair of home runs in a 4-1 victory over the Blue Jays.
Texas struggled against the Tampa Bay Rays over the weekend but began its 10-game, 11-day road trip with a win behind Yu Darvish on Monday. Texas leads the AL in most team pitching and hitting categories. The Blue Jays are a strong team as well when everything breaks right. Bautista went 0-for-4 with a strikeout Monday, dropping his average to .181. He has not had a multi-hit game since opening day.
Feliz had his last turn skipped as Texas attempts to keep his innings count low. The right-hander, who turns 24 on Wednesday, has yet to allow more than three runs in a start but did issue four walks over eight innings in a loss at Detroit on Apr. 21. Feliz has made five career relief appearances against Toronto, surrendering one run and two hits while striking out 10 over 5 1/3 total innings.
Hutchison will be making his third career start. The 21-year-old Florida native allowed two runs over five innings in a no decision at Baltimore last week. Hutchison cruised through three minor league levels last season and was plucked out of the Double A rotation two weeks ago.
1. Hamilton was available as a pinch hitter on Monday and is day-to-day.
2. Encarnacion’s eight home runs puts him one behind Hamilton’s nine for the American League lead.
3. The Blue Jays have turned a major league-high 31 double plays.
MLB BASEBALL PREDICTION: Texas 5, Toronto 4
- Baseball Predictions & Odds: Texas Rangers vs Toronto Blue Jays
- MLB Las Vegas Odds and Lines: Texas Rangers vs Toronto Blue Jays
- May 2nd MLB Baseball Odds: Texas Rangers vs Toronto Blue Jays
- MLB Odds for July 31: Texas Rangers vs Toronto Blue Jays
- MLB Vegas Sports Betting Odds: Toronto Blue Jays vs Texas Rangers