Game 5 NBA Playoffs Betting Odds: Orlando Magic vs Indiana Pacers
Monday, May 07, 2012
The Indiana Pacers can advance to the second round for the first time in seven years by beating the visiting Orlando Magic on Tuesday. Indiana has a 3-1 lead in the best-of-seven Eastern Conference series after winning three straight games.
Two wins were by double digits before the Pacers recorded a 101-99 overtime victory in Saturday’s Game 4. The Magic are seeking to become the ninth team in NBA history to recover from a 3-1 deficit.
When: 7:05 PM ET, Tuesday, May 8, 2012
Where: Bankers Life Fieldhouse, Indianapolis, Indiana
TV: 7 p.m. ET, NBATV, Fox Sports Florida (Orlando), Fox Sports Indiana (Indiana)
Orlando Magic : Orlando refused to roll over in Game 4 and rallied from a 19-point, final-quarter hole to force overtime. Jason Richardson scored 25 points for his second strong performance of the series. He had 17 points in the opening game before combining for just seven in the middle two games. Post player Glen Davis has been the Magic’s most productive player and is averaging 20 points and 9.5 rebounds. The Game 5 task is straightforward, according to guard Jameer Nelson. “We have to go up to Indiana and get one,” Nelson said. “It’s just one game at a time. You don’t get two wins at one time. You have to win one.”
Indiana Pacers : Forward David West was ferocious in Game 4 with 26 points and 12 rebounds for his top performance of the series. West is averaging 16.8 points and 10 rebounds. “He’s just a beast in the post,” Pacers coach Frank Vogel said. “He kept pounding them. He’d either score, of if they double-teamed him, he’d kick it out. We got some open 3s out of it. He’s quite a weapon.” Center Roy Hibbert has also fared well in the interior with Orlando center Dwight Howard sidelined. Hibbert is averaging 11 points, 11.8 rebounds and 4.3 blocks and has recorded double-digit board efforts in all four games.
Indiana has outscored Orlando 108-60 in
the third quarter.
2. Pacers forward Danny Granger scored 47 points in the two games in Orlando and is averaging 20.5 points in the series.
3. The Magic are shooting just 33.3 percent from 3-point range, with Nelson (3 for 17) and guard J.J. Redick (3 for 15) having the most trouble.
NBA BASKETBALL PREDICTION: Pacers 102, Magic 87
- May 8th NBA Las Vegas Free Predictions: Orlando Magic vs Indiana Pacers
- NBA Playoffs Betting Odds: Orlando Magic at Indiana Pacers
- Free NBA Basketball Playoffs Picks: Orlando Magic vs Indiana Pacers
- May 5th NBA Playoffs Odds: Indiana Pacers at Orlando Magic Game 4
- Wednesday NBA Playoffs Prediction: Indiana at Orlando Game 3