Las Vegas MLB Odds and Picks: Oakland Athletics host San Diego Padres
Saturday, June 16, 2012
Brandon Moss has certainly done his part to ignite the Oakland Athletics' offense. After belting his fifth homer in four games during the 10-2 win in the series opener, Moss will look to continue swinging a hot bat on Saturday when the Athletics host the San Diego Padres. Oakland has erupted for 36 runs on 10 homers during its four-game winning streak, while San Diego fell for the first time in four contests.
Moss is 9-for-30 with six homers and 11 RBIs in nine games since being recalled from Triple-A Sacramento. The high-octane run support is somewhat of a foreign experience for the Athletics, who rank near the bottom of most offensive categories. San Diego, which fell to 4-3 on its nine-game road trip, is 9-22 away from Petco Park this season.
After allowing one run in just one inning of work, Ohlendorf did the same in 4 1/3 to pick up the victory in Saturday's 5-2 win over Milwaukee. The 29-year-old did not record a decision in two career outings versus Oakland - although he has issued seven free passes in just 7 1/3 innings. Ohlendorf will be making this third appearance this season.
With Brandon McCarthy missing another start, the struggling Ross receives the call for this contest. The 25-year-old suffered his third straight loss after yielding four runs on six hits in five innings in a 4-0 loss to Minnesota on May 30. He has yet to face San Diego in his career.
1. Prior to Friday's contest, Oakland opted to grant the request of veteran slugger Manny Ramirez for his outright release. Signed to a minor-league contract in February, Ramirez served a 50-game suspension for violating Major League Baseball's policy on performance-enhancing drugs.
2. San Diego's Chris Denorfia, who had an RBI single in the series opener, is 12-for-30 in his last nine games.
3. Oakland OF Yoenis Cespedes sat out his second straight contest with a hamstring injury. Manager Bob Melvin said that he plans to be extremely cautious with the Cuban after he aggravated his initial injury.
Recent Trends on San Diego: :
- Over is 8-2 in SD last 10 on grass.
- Over is 8-2 in SD last 10 overall.
- SD are 15-37 in their last 52 road games.
Recent Trends on Oakland: :
- Over is 6-2 in OAK last 8 on grass.
- Over is 6-2 in OAK last 8 interleague games.
- Over is 6-2 in OAK last 8 overall.
Las Vegas Sports Betting MLB Prediction: Oakland -130
More Prediction at Las Vegas Sports Pick
- June 24 Free MLB Picks: San Francisco Giants visit Oakland Athletics
- MLB Sports Gambling: Oakland Athletics host San Diego Padres
- Betting in Vegas: San Diego Padres visit Oakland Athletics
- MLB Baseball Trends and Odds: Los Angeles Angels at Oakland Athletics
- 2012 MLB Prediction: Seattle Mariners vs Oakland Athletics In Japan