Free NBA Picks and Tips: Oklahoma City Thunder at Denver Nuggets
Thursday, March 15, 2012
Oklahoma City Thunder will try to get back on track Thursday night in Denver Nuggets after losing two of its last three games. The Thunder had one of their most explosive games of the season in a 124-118 overtime victory against Denver on Feb. 19.
Kevin Durant had a career-best 51 points, Russell Westbrook scored 40 and Serge Ibaka had 14 points, 15 rebounds and a career-best 11 blocks. The Thunder has lost seven of their past eight games at the Pepsi Center.
When: 9:00 PM ET, Thursday, March 15, 2012
Where: Pepsi Center, Denver, Colorado
TV: 9 p.m. ET, FS Oklahoma (Thunder), Altitude (Nuggets)
Oklahoma City Thunder (32-10): With three big stars and a sound bench, the Thunder seem unlikely to make a trade before Thursday’s deadline. “I like our guys,” Thunder coach Scott Brooks said of his West-leading club. “I like the team we have. Still, we're not where we need to be and we're going to keep improving and we should.” Sixth man James Harden averages 17.1 points, the most among NBA reserves. Harden has career highs in two of his last three games, scoring 30 and 33 points.
Denver Nuggets (24-19): Unlike the last time the Nuggets played the Thunder, they will have Danilo Gallinari and Nene to help offset Durant, who averages 30 points against Denver. “We'll have more flexibility with Gallo," Nuggets coach George Karl said. “The game in OKC, we were playing him (Durant) mostly with our bench guys, and Arron (Afflalo) some. And that's a hard challenge for a role player, to stop maybe the best player in basketball.”
Although the Nuggets have won seven of
the last eight home games against the Thunder/Sonics, the Oklahoma City
franchise is 7-10 at the Pepsi Center since 2002-03.
2. Denver played in just one overtime game last season, but already has played in seven this season, going 5-2.
3. Oklahoma City is 8-1 in games after a loss this season.
NBA BASKETBALL PREDICTION: Thunder 104, Nuggets 96
- NBA Odds: Nuggets Look to Bounce Back in Game 2 vs Thunder
- 2013 NBA Playoffs Betting Odds: Oklahoma City Thunder at Houston Rockets
- NBA Playoffs Vegas Predictions: Oklahoma City Thunder vs Houston Rockets
- NBA Playoffs Betting Odds and Free Picks: Houston at Oklahoma City
- NBA Playoffs Vegas Sports Betting Odds: Houston vs Oklahoma City