Top Contenders and Long Shots for the 137th 2012 Preakness Stakes
Saturday, May 19, 2012
by Bovada Racebook
Today’s the day! The running of the 137th Preakness Stakes will be the talk of the town and Bovada Racebook has all the 2012 Preakness Stakes betting covered from start to finish, with updated race day odds, including the top contenders and the long shots for victory.
Four of the last five Preakness races have been won by a length or less. The 1-3/16 miles race is shorter than the Kentucky Derby, which justifies Derby runner-up Bodemeister coming in the best odds to win today at 3/2, while right behind him is winner Ill Have Another at 3/1, going for the second jewel in horse racing’s Triple Crown.
These five horses will run from posts five through 9 which, historically, have provided the best chances for victory.
Cozetti is getting the least amount of action, entering the Preakness with a field-worst 40/1 chance. Pretension will run from post 3 and has the second-worst odds at 35/1. However, he’s running from the same post as the great Secretariat, so maybe that will help. Or not.
- 2012 Preakness Stakes Bovada Odds: Bodemeister Still Favored
- 138th Kentucky Derby Vegas Odds: Bodemeister and Union Rags on Top
- Triple Crown Betting: Odds to Win the 2012 Kentucky Derby
- 2012 Florida Derby Picks and Predictions: Union Rags and El Padrino
- Post Positions and Las Vegas Odds for the 2012 Preakness Stakes