Super Bowl Odds: Detroit Lions Released Cornerback Aaron Berry
Monday, July 23, 2012
by Frank Martin
Berry was arrested Saturday morning in Harrisburg, Pa., and later charged in the incident.
The arrest was the second of the offseason for Berry and seventh among Lions players.
Officials disclosed a firearm was involved.
Berry was remanded to enter a diversionary program in Harrisburg after a he was arrested last month on suspicion of DUI. The Detroit Free Press reported that this arrest could put that program at-risk.
The Lions are thin at the position. Their top cornerback in 2011, Eric Wright, signed with the Buccaneers in free agency. Rookie Dwight Bentley could benefit from Berry's release after a strong offseason showing.
- NFL Football Vegas Online Sports Betting: St. Louis at Detroit
- Sunday Night NFL Pick: New Orleans Saints Gets Visit From Detroit Lions
- Nov 13 NFL Picks: Rested Detroit Lions Face Inspired Chicago Bears
- MNF Odds: Detroit Face Tough Assignment Against Nemesis Chicago
- NFL Picks: Bucs Edge Lions In Meeting Of Playoff Darkhorses