NBA Picks and Tips: Minnesota Timberwolves at Memphis Grizzlies
Tuesday, March 27, 2012
The Memphis Grizzlies will attempt to increase their winning streak against the visiting Minnesota Timberwolves to seven straight games on Tuesday. The Grizzlies are 2-0 against Minnesota this season with Timberwolves star Kevin Love missing one of the games while serving a suspension.
Memphis defeated the Los Angeles Lakers on Sunday for only its third victory in nine games. The Timberwolves beat the Denver Nuggets on Sunday for their third win in 10 games.
Minnesota Timberwolves (24-26): Love has put together back-to-back monster games – scoring a franchise-record 51 points in a double-overtime loss to the Oklahoma City on Friday and following up with 30 points and 21 rebounds against the Nuggets. The rebound total matched a season high and was the seventh 30-20 performance of Love’s career. Love is averaging 30.9 points during March to raise his season average to 26.3. Love has played 44 or more minutes in three of the last four games. “I feel pretty dang good for playing so many games and so many minutes in a condensed season,” Love said.
Memphis Grizzlies (26-21): Memphis lost three straight games after forward Zach Randolph returned to the starting lineup so coach Lionel Hollins elected to bring Randolph off the bench against the Lakers. The result was a highly potent bench as Memphis reserves outscored the Los Angeles bench 41-9. Randolph had 10 points and 12 rebounds for his first double-double in six games since returning from a knee injury. Marreese Speights started the contest and Randolph wasn’t the least bit bothered by it. “I understood because I’m still trying to get back in playing shape and get back my timing,” Randolph said. “I want to win. If it helps our guys until I get back right and get back in the starting lineup, then that’s what I’m going to do.”
Memphis has won nine of the last 10
2. Grizzlies center Marc Gasol is averaging only 7.0 points, 7.0 rebounds and shooting 33.3 percent over the last two games.
3. Center Nikola Pekovic (ankle) will miss his fourth consecutive contest.
NBA BASKETBALL PREDICTION: Grizzlies 96, Timberwolves 92
- NBA Basketball Prediction: Memphis Grizzlies vs Minnesota Timberwolves
- Game 2 NBA Playoffs Picks and Tips: Clippers at Grizzlies
- NBA Predictions & Odds: Minnesota at Memphis
- Vegas Western Conference NBA Odds: Minnesota at Memphis
- NBA Basketball Prediction: Minnesota Timberwolves at Memphis Grizzlies