NBA Eastern Conference finals Betting Odds: Boston vs Miami Game 2
Tuesday, May 29, 2012
LeBron James had 32 points and 13 rebounds in the opening game and Miami pulled away in the third quarter en route to a 93-79 victory. A tired Boston squad struggled with Miami’s athleticism and needs a sharp bounce-back performance in Game 2.
Boston Celtics : Forward Kevin Garnett posted his 10th double-double of the postseason with 23 points and 10 rebounds but fellow veterans Paul Pierce and Ray Allen had poor showings in the opener. Pierce was just 5 of 18 from the field while scoring 12 points and Allen was 1 of 7 from the field and a shocking 3 of 7 from the free-throw line while tallying just six points. Allen continues to be plagued with an ankle injury that is affecting his ability to push off while shooting. The Celtics scored 35 points in the second quarter and then just 33 in the second half. “I think we believe we can beat them,” Pierce said. “It’s all about making adjustments.”
Miami Heat : James hit 13 of 22 shots in Game 1 and also had 13 rebounds and three blocks in a solid all-around performance. He has 19 career 30-point, 10-rebound postseason efforts, which ranks third among active players behind Tim Duncan (31) and Dirk Nowitzki (29). However, James wasn’t all that thrilled with a showing that saw Miami blow a double-digit first-half lead before getting things together in the third quarter. “We didn’t play our best game,” said James, “and we want to just try to continue to get better throughout the series.” Guard Dwyane Wade had a quiet game until scoring 10 of his 22 points in the final quarter. The Heat enjoyed a 48-33 rebounding edge.
Miami forward Chris Bosh remains
sidelined with a strained lower abdominal muscle.
2. Boston point guard Rajon Rondo had just seven assists in the opener and is averaging just 7.5 over his last four games following a five-game stretch in which he averaged 14.6 against the Philadelphia 76ers.
3. The Heat blocked 11 shots in Game 1, falling one shy of the franchise playoff record set in 2009 against the Atlanta Hawks.
NBA BASKETBALL PREDICTION: Heat 93, Celtics 86
- Las Vegas NBA Odds and Predictions: Boston Celtics vs Miami Heat
- 2012 NBA Season Basketball Betting Prediction: Boston at Miami
- NBA Game 6 Free Predictions: Miami Heat vs Boston Celtics
- NBA Playoffs Prediction: Boston Celtics vs Miami Heat Game 5
- NBA Eastern Conference Finals Opening Game Live Odds: Boston vs Miami