NBA Basketball Prediction: Minnesota Timberwolves at Golden State Warriors
Monday, March 19, 2012
One team will end a three-game losing skid when the Minnesota Timberwolves visit the Golden State Warriors on Monday. Minnesota has lost five of six games after losing by 16 points to the Sacramento Kings on Sunday and is 1-4 since standout point guard Ricky Rubio suffered a season-ending knee surgery.
The Warriors are adjusting to life without high-scoring Monta Ellis, who was sent to the Milwaukee Bucks in a trade deadline deal.
When: 10:30 PM ET, Monday, March 19, 2012
Where: Oracle Arena, Oakland, California
TV: 10:30 p.m. ET, FS North (Timberwolves), CS Bay Area (Warriors)
Minnesota Timberwolves (22-24): Minnesota’s losing streak is causing tempers to boil and resulted in All-Star forward Kevin Love and reserve guard J.J. Barea exchanging words during the final quarter of the loss to Sacramento. Love downplayed the incident afterward. “It’s frustrating but nothing personal against J.J.,” Love said. “I think we were both frustrated and took it out on each other when we should have took it out on the other team. So both of us made mistakes and the both of us feel bad.” The Timberwolves committed 21 turnovers and were outscored by 16 points in the second half.
Golden State Warriors (18-24): Guard Stephen Curry (ankle) has missed four straight games and Golden State traded away Ellis so the starting backcourt once again consisted of Nate Robinson and rookie Klay Thompson in Saturday’s overtime loss to the Utah Jazz. Robinson scored 19 points and is averaging 17.3 points and 6.0 assists during Curry’s latest injury absence. Thompson had 17 points for his eight straight double-digit outing and is averaging 19.0 points while starting the past four games. Recently acquired forward Richard Jefferson struggled in his Warriors’ debut, scoring only nine points on 2-of-14 shooting. Jefferson missed his final 12 shots.
Golden State has won 13 of the last 17
2. The Warriors were outrebounded 65-40 in the loss to Utah and had only three offensive rebounds to the Jazz’s 20.
3. Minnesota center Nikola Pekovic (ankle) missed the Sacramento game and is questionable.
NBA BASKETBALL PREDICTION: Warriors 103, Timberwolves 98
- NBA Basketball Picks and Tips: Minnesota Timberwolves at Golden State Warriors
- Vegas Basketball Prediction: Golden State Warriors at Minnesota Timberwolves
- NBA Picks and Tips: Golden State Warriors at Minnesota Timberwolves
- NBA Predictions & Free Odds: Golden State at Minnesota
- NBA Vegas Predictions: Minnesota Timberwolves vs Golden State Warriors