NBA Basketball Prediction: Detroit Pistons at Cleveland Cavaliers
Wednesday, March 28, 2012
The Detroit Pistons ended a five-game losing streak on Rodney Stuckey’s buzzer beater Monday night in his first game back from injury. The Cleveland Cavaliers have dropped four straight and seven of eight following Tuesday’s 18-point loss at Philadelphia.
Coach Byron Scott said his players are simply lacking confidence again, similar to when they stumbled through a six-game skid that spanned the All-Star break.
When: 7:00 PM ET, Wednesday, March 28, 2012
Where: Quicken Loans Arena, Cleveland, Ohio
TV: 7 p.m. ET, Fox Sports Detroit, Fox Sports Ohio
Detroit Pistons (17-32): Detroit lost all three games Stuckey missed with a sore big toe, but he returned to score 24 points and hit Monday’s game-winner to beat the Wizards. Stuckey is averaging 16.3 points and the Pistons struggled miserably without him, failing to break 80 points in consecutive blowout losses to the Heat and Knicks. Stuckey often serves as the primary ball handler and his presence takes immense pressure off both Ben Gordon and rookie Brandon Knight.
Cleveland Cavaliers (17-30): Cleveland had one of the best benches in the league for the first half of the season, but Scott has moved Alonzo Gee into his starting lineup and Sessions has been traded away. Now an MRI revealed a torn tendon in Daniel Gibson’s foot, meaning his season is likely over. That leaves the second unit’s backcourt consisting of Donald Sloan and Manny Harris, both of whom have spent plenty of time this season in the Development League.
Stuckey is averaging 23.2 points and 4.9
assists in his last 10 games.
2. Cleveland has failed to score 85 points in three consecutive games for the first time this season.
3. The Cavaliers have beaten the Pistons twice this season and have won the last four meetings overall.
NBA BASKETBALL PREDICTION: Pistons 89, Cavaliers 85
- NBA Basketball Picks & Tips: Detroit Pistons at Cleveland Cavaliers
- NBA Basketball Predictions: Cleveland Cavaliers at Detroit Pistons
- Free NBA Picks and Tips: Cleveland Cavaliers at Detroit Pistons
- NBA Hoops Picks and Tips: Detroit Pistons at Cleveland Cavaliers
- April 10th Basketball Odds: Charlotte Bobcats at Cleveland Cavaliers