MLB Las Vegas Odds and Lines: New York Yankees vs Detroit Tigers
Wednesday, August 08, 2012
The New York Yankees have seen their once-robust lead in the American League East dwindle to 4 1/2 games over the Baltimore Orioles, and an inability to win on the road and prevail in tight games are among the primary reasons. The Yankees have lost 12 of 18 overall as they prepare to face the surging Detroit Tigers in the third of a four-game series Wednesday. New York led the division by 10 games on July 18 but has since lost seven of nine away from home.
The Tigers have won six straight games overall and 10 in a row at Comerica Park to pull within a half game of the division-leading Chicago White Sox in the AL Central. Detroit is 16-1 at Comerica since July 4 and can match the franchise record for consecutive victories at home set in the 1949 season. Leading the charge is third baseman Miguel Cabrera, who homered for the third straight game and has 24 RBIs in as many games.
Sabathia bounced back from a mediocre performance against Boston with a dominating effort last time out, pitching his second complete game of the season and striking out 10. He allowed three hits and three runs, with two coming on a two-run ninth-inning homer. Sabathia won in Detroit on June first, allowing three runs and eight hits in seven innings for his first win at Comerica Park since joining the Yankees.
Sanchez will make his third start for Detroit since the trade with the Miami Marlins. He beat the Cleveland Indians last time out, surrendering two runs - one earned - in six-plus innings. That was a marked improvement from his debut with the Tigers, when he was rocked for three homers and five runs in six innings in Toronto. He beat New York in his major league debut in June 2006.
1. Cabrera is 10-for-23 with two homers, two doubles and 12 RBIs against Sabathia.
2. New York is 0-8 in its last eight games decided by one run, the longest streak in franchise history since a nine-game stretch in 1944.
3. Cabrera needs one homer to reach 30 for the sixth straight year and eighth time in his career.
Recent Trends on NY Yankees::
- NYY are 2-7 in their last 9 road games.
- NYY are 3-7 in their last 10 overall.
- NYY are 3-7 in their last 10 games on grass.
Recent Trends on Detroit::
- DET are 21-5 in their last 26 home games.
- DET are 21-8 in their last 29 overall.
- DET are 21-8 in their last 29 games on grass.
Head to Head :
- Over is 5-2-1 in the last 8 meetings in Detroit.
- NYY are 3-7 in the last 10 meetings in Detroit.
Las Vegas Sports Betting MLB Prediction: New York -140
More Prediction at Las Vegas Sports Pick
- Baseball Predictions and Odds: Kansas City Royals vs Detroit Tigers
- MLB Baseball Betting Odds and Lines: Detroit Tigers at Texas Rangers
- Las Vegas MLB Betting Predictions: New York Yankees at Detroit Tigers
- MLB Baseball ALCS Game 4 Prediction: New York vs Detroit
- MLB Baseball ALCS Game 4 Prediction: NY Yankees vs Detroit Tigers