MLB Free Predictions: Kansas City Royals at Chicago White Sox
Wednesday, August 08, 2012
The Chicago White Sox are in danger of being knocked out of the American League Central penthouse - by the residents in the basement, no less. After seeing their division lead trimmed to a half game over Detroit, the White Sox will look to win the three-game series on Wednesday when they play the finale versus the visiting Kansas City Royals. Chicago has dropped 14 of its last 23 contests.
Billy Butler belted his career-high 22nd homer as Kansas City posted its fifth win in eight games with a 5-2 victory on Tuesday. Chicago was missing two of its key cogs in that outing as veteran Kevin Youkilis and Alejandro De Aza watched from afar. Youkilis is dealing with a sore right knee while De Aza is plagued with tightness in his back. Their availability for Wednesday's game remains in question.
After posting a 3-9 record with Colorado, Guthrie has lost all three starts since being acquired by the Royals. The 33-year-old did pitch well, however, in his last outing - securing a quality start in a 5-3 setback to Texas on Friday. Guthrie has posted a 3-5 career mark with a 4.52 ERA versus the White Sox.
Quintana struggled for the third time in four outings, but the result was same - a no-decision. The 23-year-old rookie yielded season highs of six runs on 10 hits in seven innings against Minnesota on July 30. Quintana allowed five runs in as many innings in a no-decision versus Kansas City on July 13.
1. After failing to homer since June 20, Chicago's Gordon Beckham has gone deep in each of his last two games.
3. Kansas City 3B Mike Moustakas returned after a two-game absence with a bone bruise on his right knee and had a run-scoring sacrifice fly.
Recent Trends on Kansas City: :
- KC are 2-9 in their last 11 games following a win.
- Under is 10-3 in KC last 13 games following a win.
- Under is 6-2 in KC last 8 Wed. games.
Recent Trends on Chi. White Sox: :
- CHW are 13-3 in their last 16 home games.
- Under is 7-2-1 in CHW last 10 Wed. games.
- CHW are 10-4 in their last 14 overall.
Head to Head :
- KC are 33-68 in the last 101 meetings in Chicago.
Las Vegas Sports Betting MLB Prediction: Kansas City +175
More Prediction at Las Vegas Sports Pick
- MLB Las Vegas Odds and Lines: Chicago White Sox vs Kansas City Royals
- Las Vegas MLB Odds and Picks: Chicago White Sox vs Kansas City Royals
- Saturday September 8th MLB Odds: Kansas City Royals vs Chicago White Sox
- Las Vegas MLB Prediction: Minnesota Twins vs Chicago White Sox
- Las Vegas MLB Odds and Picks: Kansas City Royals vs Chicago White Sox