Las Vegas MLB Baseball Odds: Washington Nationals vs Baltimore Orioles
Saturday, June 23, 2012
The Baltimore Orioles look to make it two straight victories over the visiting Washington Nationals when the teams square off in Saturday’s second contest of a three-game set. Baltimore ended a three-game losing skid in Friday’s opener behind strong pitching from Jason Hammel. Washington’s loss spoiled the return of former Orioles player and manager Davey Johnson, who was in a dugout at Camden Yards for the first time since 1997.
The Orioles moved within 1 1/2 games of the first-place New York Yankees in the American League East with Friday’s 2-1 victory. Baltimore has won 10 of its last 13 home games against the Nationals. Scoring runs has been a problem for the Orioles over the past week – the tally sits at 14 in a seven-game stretch. Washington has lost five of seven games to see its National League East lead over the New York Mets slip to 2 1/2 games. The Nationals had just five hits in the opener and their lone run was unearned.
Jackson is 5-1 with a 3.25 ERA in 10 career appearances (eight starts) against Baltimore. He took a no-decision against the Orioles on May 18 despite allowing just one run in eight innings. Jackson lost to the New York Yankees in his last start even though he allowed just two runs in six innings.
Chen has won three straight starts as he continues to fashion a fine rookie campaign. He threw seven shutout innings while beating the Atlanta Braves in his last outing. Chen’s roughest start of the season came against Washington when he gave up six runs and eight hits in 4 1/3 innings while taking the loss on May 20. Chen is 4-0 at Camden Yards.
1. Washington is 9-7 in interleague play and needs one win in the series to finish above .500 for the second straight season.
Recent Trends on Washington: :
- WAS are 9-3 in their last 12 Sat. games.
- WAS are 2-6 in Jacksons last 8 starts.
- WAS are 2-6 in Jacksons last 8 starts on grass.
Recent Trends on Baltimore: :
- BAL are 7-1 in their last 8 Sat. games.
- Over is 6-2 in BAL last 8 interleague home games.
- BAL are 9-3 in Chens last 12 starts.
Las Vegas Sports Betting MLB Prediction: Washington -105
More Prediction at Las Vegas Sports Pick
- Baseball Predictions and Odds: Cleveland Indians at Baltimore Orioles
- MLB Betting Odds and Free Picks: Baltimore Orioles vs Oakland Athletics
- MLB Baseball Picks: Boston Red Sox vs Baltimore Orioles
- Betting on Vegas MLB Games: Boston Red Sox vs Baltimore Orioles
- September 26th MLB Predictions: Toronto Blue Jays vs Baltimore Orioles