Betting in Vegas: Atlanta Braves at Philadelphia Phillies
Sunday, July 08, 2012
If the Atlanta Braves are going to make a serious run at Washington for the National League East title after the All-Star break, Brian McCann has to perform up to his lofty standards. The Braves’ catcher will not be part of the NL All-Star team for the first time in his career, thanks to a .235 average. But McCann has homered in each of his past three games, including a solo homer in the second inning. Philadelphia, the five-time defending National League East champion, sits 14 games out of first place and could be a seller at the trade deadline.
The Philadelphia Phillies have lost nine of their past 11 games, and are 17-26 at home this season. Atlanta has won three in a row and the first two games of the weekend series at Philadelphia, and sits five games behind Washington in the NL East. The Braves send Jair Jurrjens to the mound as the right-hander hopes to continue his good work since returning from the minor leagues three weeks ago. Philadelphia turns to Vance Worley in the series finale.
Jurrjens is 2-0 with a 1.47 ERA since returning from a two-month stint at Triple-A Gwinnett. The right-hander benefited from a big offensive explosion Tuesday against Chicago, getting the victory despite going five innings and allowing nine hits and three unearned runs. Jurrjens allowed five homers in his first 13 1/3 innings, but has not giving up a homer in his past 21 1/3 innings.
Worley got drilled by the Mets on Tuesday, allowing 10 hits and six earned runs in four innings to lose for the third time in four starts. Worley has won only twice since late April. Opponents are hitting .265 against him this season.
1. Atlanta third baseman Chipper Jones carries a 13-game hitting streak into Sunday’s game.
2. Philadelphia first baseman Ryan Howard, who made his season debut Friday, did not play Saturday. He is expected to start Sunday.
3. Atlanta center fielder Michael Bourn, named to the NL All-Star team Saturday to replace injured Washington shortstop Ian Desmond, went 3-for-4 Saturday to raise his average to .310. Bourn also stole two bases, giving him 25 on the season.
Recent Trends on Atlanta: :
- ATL are 9-3 in their last 12 road games.
- Under is 12-5-2 in ATL last 19 road games.
- ATL are 19-9 in Jurrjens' last 28 starts.
Recent Trends on Philadelphia: :
- PHI are 1-7 in their last 8 games following a loss.
- PHI are 4-17 in their last 21 Sun. games.
- PHI are 9-24 in their last 33 overall.
Head to Head :
- Under is 6-1-2 in the last 9 meetings.
- ATL are 3-9 in the last 12 meetings.
Las Vegas Sports Betting MLB Prediction: Philadelphia -125
More Prediction at Las Vegas Sports Pick
- MLB Baseball Betting: Atlanta Braves vs Philadelphia Phillies
- Las Vegas MLB Lines: Philadelphia Phillies at Atlanta Braves
- Place a Bet on MLB Baseball: Atlanta Braves at Philadelphia Phillies
- MLB Odds: Atlanta Braves vs Philadelphia Phillies
- MLB Betting Odds and Free Picks: Philadelphia Phillies at Atlanta Braves