Where to Bet MLB Baseball: Houston Astros at Pittsburgh Pirates
Wednesday, July 04, 2012
The Pittsburgh Pirates attempt to clinch their sixth consecutive home series win when they take on the Houston Astros on Wednesday afternoon. Pittsburgh has won the first two contests of the four-game set, including an 8-7 triumph on Tuesday. Drew Sutton hit a walk-off solo home run in the ninth inning as the Pirates overcame a 6-2 deficit to improve to a National League-best 25-13 at home.
Houston has lost three straight road series and is 9-30 overall away from home, the worst mark in the major leagues. The Astros have dropped their last eight road games and six in a row overall. They did prove A.J. Burnett was not infallible, however, tagging the right-hander for six runs and 12 hits over five innings Tuesday to prevent him from winning his ninth consecutive start.
Keuchel will be making his fourth career start. The 24-year-old settled for a no-decision at Texas in his major-league debut on June 17 despite allowing just one run over five innings, then yielded one run and six hits in a complete-game victory over Cleveland six days later. Keuchel is coming off a no-decision against San Diego on Thursday in which he again allowed only one run and four hits over six frames.
Correia struggled in his last outing, surrendering five runs over five innings at St. Louis on Friday but still picking up a win. The 31-year-old, who has lost only one of his last seven starts, is 1-2 in six outings at home this season. Correia owns an 0-1 record and 3.79 ERA in nine career games - five starts - against the Astros.
1. The Pirates have hit at least one home run in each of their last 11 games. It's their longest streak since going 13 straight contests with a blast in 1994.
2. Pittsburgh (44-36) is eight games above .500 for the first time since the end of the 1992 campaign.
3. Houston has lost its last six series at Pittsburgh.
Recent Trends on Houston: :
- Over is 14-4 in HOU last 18 road games.
- HOU are 18-61 in their last 79 road games.
- HOU are 10-26 in their last 36 overall.
Recent Trends on Pittsburgh: :
- Over is 7-0-2 in PIT last 9 overall.
- Over is 7-0-2 in PIT last 9 on grass.
- PIT are 19-7 in their last 26 home games.
Las Vegas Sports Betting MLB Prediction: Pittsburgh -143
More Prediction at Las Vegas Sports Pick
- MLB Baseball Picks: Pittsburgh Pirates at Houston Astros
- Betting in Vegas: Houston Astros at Pittsburgh Pirates
- Baseball Las Vegas Odds: Houston Astros at Pittsburgh Pirates
- Place a Bet on MLB Baseball: Pittsburgh Pirates at Houston Astros
- MLB Baseball Picks: Houston Astros vs Pittsburgh Pirates