Where to Bet MLB Baseball: Chicago White Sox at New York Yankees
Friday, June 29, 2012
A costly error and some micro-managing by Joe Girardi added up to a stinging defeat for the New York Yankees in the opener of their four-game home series against the Chicago White Sox. The Yankees carried a two-run lead into the ninth inning, but saw their five-game winning streak snapped - not to mention wasting a great start by Ivan Nova - when Dayan Viciedo hammered a three-run homer off David Robertson. Chicago ended a string of six straight losses to New York.
The Yankees lost for only the sixth time in 25 games this month, but maintained their five-game lead over Baltimore in the American League East. Chicago, meanwhile, remained 2 1/2 games ahead of Cleveland atop the AL Central, largely because of its success away from home. The White Sox are tied with the Yankees for the fewest road losses (14) in the majors and will go for their fourth straight victory in Friday night's game.
Quintana is coming off back-to-back stellar performances, working eight scoreless innings in each of his last two starts. He has nothing to show for the dazzling efforts, getting a pair of no-decisions as the White Sox scored one run in each game. The 23-year-old Colombian has not allowed a walk in his last three starts.
Warren will be making his major league debut, taking the spot of injured ace CC Sabathia, who went on the 15-day disabled list Wednesday with a groin strain. The 24-year-old Warren compiled a 5-5 record and 3.86 ERA at Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre, which included five scoreless innings in his last start.
2. Quintana has not yielded a walk to his last 97 batters, the longest streak in the majors.
3. Yankees 2B Robinson Cano has a five-game hitting streak and drove in his 19th run of the month.
Recent Trends on Chi. White Sox: :
- CHW are 3-8 in their last 11 games following a win.
- CHW are 12-5 in their last 17 road games.
Recent Trends on NY Yankees: :
- NYY are 10-1 in their last 11 Fri. games.
- NYY are 20-6 in their last 26 overall.
- NYY are 20-6 in their last 26 games on grass.
Head to Head :
- Under is 7-2-1 in the last 10 meetings.
- CHW are 6-15 in the last 21 meetings in New York.
Las Vegas Sports Betting MLB Prediction: Yankees -135
More Prediction at Las Vegas Sports Pick
- Thursday June 28th MLB Odds: Chicago White Sox vs New York Yankees
- Saturday September 22th MLB Odds: Oakland Athletics vs New York Yankees
- Saturday September 15 Prediction: Tampa Bay Rays vs New York Yankees
- Baseball Predictions and Odds: New York Yankees vs Cleveland Indians
- Place a Bet on MLB Baseball: Chicago White Sox at New York Yankees