Wednesday NBA Picks: Houston Rockets at Dallas Mavericks
Wednesday, April 18, 2012
The Dallas Mavericks look to continue their dominance over Houston when they host the Rockets on Wednesday. The Mavericks swept their home-and-home series with the Houston Rockets earlier this year and have won six straight against Houston in the regular season.
Dallas sits seventh in the West and holds a 1 1/2-game lead over Houston and Phoenix. The Rockets and Suns are tied for the eighth and final playoff spot in the conference. Phoenix holds the tiebreaker.
When: 8:30 PM ET, Wednesday, April 18, 2012
Where: American Airlines Center, Dallas, Texas
TV: 8:30 p.m. ET, FSN (Houston), FSN-SW (Dallas)
Houston Rockets (32-29): The Rockets have lost four straight and are playing the first half of a back-to-back. Houston plays the second half in New Orleans on Thursday. The Rockets have three contests remaining after the back-to-back set. They host Golden State, travel to Miami and finish at home against the Hornets on Apr. 26. Center Marcus Camby left Sunday's game in Denver at halftime with a sore back and was sidelined for Monday's second half of the home-and-home against the Nuggets because of the injury. He is questionable to play Wednesday.
Dallas Mavericks (34-28): The Mavericks have dropped consecutive contests and are losing ground in the West standings. Dallas has three contests remaining after Wednesday’s tilt with the Rockets. The Mavericks host Golden state and then finish on the road in Chicago and Atlanta. Guard Rodrigue Beaubois is dealing with an injured calf and didn’t play in the last two games. He is questionable to play against Houston. Forward Dirk Nowitzki is averaging 26 points and 6.5 rebounds in 37 minutes over his two games against the Rockets this season.
Houston is 2-6 in its last eight games
vs. Southwest foes.
2. The Rockets are a perfect 18-0 when holding opponents below 90 points.
3. Mavericks small forward Shawn Marion is leading Dallas in rebounding with 7.4 per game. Marion is the only player in the NBA six-foot-seven or shorter to lead his team on the glass this season.
NBA BASKETBALL PREDICTION: Mavericks 95, Rockets 89
- Las Vegas Free NBA Picks: Dallas Mavericks at Houston Rockets
- Basketball Las Vegas Odds and Picks: Dallas Mavericks vs Houston Rockets
- NBA Vegas Sports Betting Odds: Dallas Mavericks vs New York Knicks
- NBA Betting Odds: Houston Rockets Must Win at Dallas Mavericks
- NBA Basketball Predictions: Dallas Mavericks at Golden State Warriors