Wednesday August 8th MLB Odds: Minnesota Twins vs Cleveland Indians
Wednesday, August 08, 2012
Two late-inning collapses in three days have the Cleveland Indians on the verge of matching a dubious franchise record. Cleveland will look to avoid a 12th consecutive defeat - as well as a three-game sweep - when they host the Minnesota Twins in Wednesday afternoon's series finale. The Indians committed three errors that led to a pair of three-run innings to remain winless since July 26. The losing streak started when Cleveland was swept at Minnesota from July 27-29.
The Twins have won five of six overall and made it seven consecutive victories against the Indians with the improbable comeback. It's the longest winning streak for Minnesota in the series since it beat the Indians eight straight times in 1991. The Twins have outscored Cleveland 49-14 in the past five meetings. Ben Revere has hit in 21 consecutive games and Ryan Doumit stretched his hitting streak to six games with three hits Tuesday.
Duensing will make his seven start of the season and third since Minnesota traded LHP Francisco Liriano. He is 1-5 in his six starts, including a no-decision last time at in Boston, when he allowed five runs - two earned - on 10 hits in six innings. Duensing beat the Indians on July 29, limiting them to one run on five hits in six innings.
Masterson is as responsible as anyone for Cleveland's disastrous losing streak, getting pummeled in dropping his last two starts. He lasted only four innings at Detroit last time out and allowed seven runs on 10 hits. He was equally ineffective in his previous start against the Twins, getting battered for a season-high 10 runs in 5 2/3 innings.
1. Cleveland set the team record of 12 consecutive losses in May 1931.
2. The Twins have had great success against Masterson, who is 1-6 with a 4.23 ERA in 15 career appearances (12 starts) against Minnesota.
3. The Indians are the fifth team to have an 0-11 skid while allowing at least five runs in each loss.
Recent Trends on Minnesota::
- Over is 8-2-1 in MIN last 11 road games.
- MIN are 6-2 in their last 8 games following a win.
- Under is 7-3 in MIN last 10 Wed. games.
Recent Trends on Cleveland::
- CLE are 6-20 in their last 26 overall.
- CLE are 6-20 in their last 26 games on grass.
- Under is 5-2-1 in CLE last 8 home games.
Head to Head :
- Over is 13-3-1 in the last 17 meetings.
Las Vegas Sports Betting MLB Prediction: Cleveland -140
More Prediction at Las Vegas Sports Pick
- Las Vegas MLB Betting Predictions: Minnesota Twins vs Cleveland Indians
- MLB Las Vegas Odds and Lines: Minnesota Twins vs Cleveland Indians
- Monday August 6th MLB Odds: Minnesota Twins vs Cleveland Indians
- Friday August 3 Prediction: Minnesota Twins vs Boston Red Sox
- Baseball Predictions and Odds: Cleveland Indians vs Minnesota Twins