Vegas NBA Basketball Prediction: Denver Nuggets at Dallas Mavericks
Wednesday, February 15, 2012
The Dallas Mavericks used a well-earned win in Denver Nuggets a week ago to kickstart a four-game winning streak. They'll be looking to extend their run of success against those very same Nuggets when the teams tangle Wednesday night at the American Airlines Center.
Dallas is 2-0 on its three-game homestand, with narrow victories over Portland and the L.A. Clippers. The Nuggets have won two in a row themselves, including a 109-92 home win over Phoenix on Tuesday. This is the third meeting of the season between the Western Conference rivals.
Denver Nuggets (17-12): After struggling to generate much offense during a demoralizing five-game losing skid earlier in the month, the Nuggets have scored an average of 111 points in wins over Indiana and Phoenix. The win over the Suns halted a five-game skid at home, a particularly shocking development given the advantage many felt Denver had in the elevated confines of the Pepsi Center. Tuesday's win improved the Nuggets' home mark to a mediocre 8-7.
Dallas Mavericks (18-11): It took a while for Dirk Nowitzki to return to form - but now that he has, it appears the defending champions have, as well. Nowitzki is averaging 25 points over the last four games, gutting out a 22-point performance against the Clippers despite shooting just 5 for 15 from the field. The 7-foot German star is still averaging just 18.5 points - more than four below his career average - but has a 23.1 mark in seven games so far in February.
1. Nowitzki has led the Mavericks in scoring in six straight games after doing so just six times in all of January.
2. The teams have split a pair of meetings, with the road club prevailing both times.
3. The Nuggets are 9-1 against the spread in their last 10 games in Dallas.
NBA BASKETBALL PREDICTION: Mavericks 107, Nuggets 103
- NBA Basketball Odds: Denver Nuggets at Dallas Mavericks
- NBA Vegas Sports Betting Odds: Denver Nuggets at Dallas Mavericks
- Basketball Las Vegas Odds and Picks: Dallas Mavericks vs Denver Nuggets
- NBA Vegas Sports Betting Odds: Denver Nuggets vs Dallas Mavericks
- Saturday May 5th NBA Playoffs Prediction: Oklahoma City vs Dallas Game 4