Vegas Basketball Prediction: Philadelphia 76ers vs Orlando Magic
Monday, April 16, 2012
The 76ers will get a break in facing the Magic without superstar center Dwight Howard, who will miss his fifth consecutive game with a bulging disk in his back. The Magic clinched a playoff berth Sunday, but it came with a price as center Glen Davis suffered a sprained right knee.
When: 7:00 PM ET, Monday, April 16, 2012
Where: Amway Center, Orlando, Florida
TV: 7 p.m. ET, NBATV, CS Philadelphia, FS Florida (Orlando)
Philadelphia 76ers (31-28): Philadelphia is kicking off a back-to-back-to-back in Orlando and plays six of its final seven games on the road. With Milwaukee looming 2½ games back, the 76ers cannot afford a performance similar to Friday’s home loss against injury-riddled New Jersey, a team they beat by 19 points three nights earlier. Shooting guard Jodie Meeks has done little to support coach Doug Collins’ decision to move him back into the starting lineup, scoring a combined 15 points in his last three games.
Orlando Magic (35-25): Davis’ injury could turn out to be devastating for Orlando. There is no timetable for the return of Howard, who will be re-evaluated in 10 days. A non-factor for much of the season, Davis has thrived since taking over for Howard in the post. In seven starts prior to Sunday, Davis recorded five double-doubles and averaged 18.7 points and 11.4 rebounds in that span. Daniel Orton, who had scored only six points all season, had 11 after replacing Davis on Sunday.
Orlando has won five of the last six
meetings, including two of three this season.
2. 76ers reserve Thaddeus Young has averaged 16.3 points and 6.6 rebounds in his last three games.
3. The Magic are tied with the Atlanta Hawks for fifth place in the East.
NBA BASKETBALL PREDICTION: 76ers 93, Magic 89
- NBA Basketball Free Picks: Philadelphia 76ers at Orlando Magic
- NBA Betting Odds: Philadelphia 76ers vs Orlando Magic Whitout Howard
- Best of NBA 's Eastern Conference Odds: Philadelphia at Orlando
- NBA Basketball Betting Odds and Lines: Philadelphia 76ers vs Orlando Magic
- NBA Las Vegas Betting Odds: Orlando Magic at Philadelphia 76ers