Tuesday May 22nd NBA PLayoffs Live Odds: Indiana at Miami Game 5
Tuesday, May 22, 2012
The two combined for 70 points in Game 4 and dominated the second half to lead the Miami Heat to a 101-93 victory, evening the series at 2-2. The Indiana Pacers had controlled the inside in Games 2 and 3 but struggled in Game 4.
Indiana Pacers : Indiana made it a point to establish Roy Hibbert and kept going back to him in Game 3, leading to 19 points and 18 rebounds from the big man in a strong effort. The Pacers got him the ball a few times in the first quarter for easy buckets in Game 4 but stopped going to that well as Miami pulled them out of their half court game and spread the floor with a small lineup. Indiana is going to need more from David West, who was held to a series-low eight points on Sunday, and Hibbert down low, as they were outscored in the paint 50-32 in Game 4. Part of that has to do with the defense, which had done a fine job of keeping James and Wade out of the paint until the second half Sunday, when both had little trouble getting to the rim.
Miami Heat : James went for 40 points, 18 rebounds and nine assists on Sunday, scoring or assisting on 61.4 percent of Miami’s points. Wade was nearly as strong, shaking off a terrible performance in Game 3 with 30 points, nine rebounds and six assists. Perhaps more importantly, the two found a reliable third scorer in Udonis Haslem, who chipped in 14 points on 5-of-6 shooting. With Chris Bosh still out, any points from Haslem, Mario Chalmers, Mike Miller or Shane Battier are a big bonus. Miami was also better from the outside in Game 4, connecting on 5 for 12 3-pointers in the contest after going a combined 5 for 42 in the first three games.
Pacers swingman Danny Granger was hit
with his second technical foul in as many games Sunday.
2. Wade went 2 for 6 from the free throw line, his fourth game this postseason hitting less than 70 percent from the stripe.
3. Indiana got 34 points off the bench in Game 4
NBA BASKETBALL PREDICTION: Heat 92, Pacers 89
- NBA Playoffs and 2012 Championship Odds: Heat visit Pacers for Game 4
- NBA Playoffs Betting Odds: Miami Heat at Indiana Pacers Game 4
- Game 1 NBA Playoffs Prediction: Indiana Pacers vs Miami Heat
- Game 6 NBA Playoffs Betting Odds: Miami Heat vs Indiana Pacers
- May 17th NBA Playoffs Picks and Tips: Miami Heat at Indiana Pacers Game 3