Super Bowl XLVII Odds: Matt Forte Unsure when he will Report to Bears
Monday, July 02, 2012
by Frank Martin
"I don't think I really have a choice, do I?" Forte told ESPN.com at a charity football event in Chicago. "Yeah, I'll be here.
When asked if he would report when training camp opens on July 26, he said, "It's going to be a fun season."
The Bears are scheduled to opening camp July 26.
The four-year veteran has been locked in a contract dispute with the Bears since last year. When negotiations dragged earlier this year, the Bears placed the franchise tag on Forte. It's a move that would earn him $7.749 million this, but it is not the long-term contract he was seeking.
"I'm excited to get in there and talk to Mr. Jeremy Bates and get in there with Jay Cutler and see what he thinks about the passing game, and see how I can get involved in that, too," said Forte, who has until July 16 to negotiate a long-term deal or the franchise deal goes into place.
Forte suffered a knee injury at the end of last season. He has gone out of his way to show the Bears his knee is healthy.
"I've been lifting a little harder this offseason and running more," said Forte, who has not attended any Bears mini-camps because of the contract dispute. "Just because I was able to heal a lot earlier having to sit out the last four games and having that time, and I was able to heal from the other injuries."
- NFL Football Spreads and Predictions: Chicago Bears at Detroit Lions
- NFL Las Vegas Free Betting Picks: Green Bay Packers at Chicago Bears
- Week 13 NFL Las Vegas Betting Odds: Seattle Seahawks at Chicago Bears
- Sunday Nov 25th NFL Predictions: Minnesota Vikings vs Chicago Bears
- Monday Night Football Predictions: Chicago Bears vs San Francisco 49ers