NHL Picks and Tips: Calgary Flames at Minnesota Wild
Thursday, March 22, 2012
Riding high following their season-high five-game winning streak, the red-hot Calgary Flames were quickly doused with three consecutive losses.
When: 8:00 PM ET, Thursday, March 22, 2012
Where: Xcel Energy Center, Saint Paul, Minnesota
TV: 8 p.m. ET, RSW, FSNO
Calgary Flames (34-26-14): Calgary's once-potent offense has been nowhere to be found during its skid, prompting Iginla to reason that "you aren't going to win many scoring one goal in games." The veteran has been held off the scoresheet during the stretch, but has fared remarkably well versus Minnesota. Iginla, who has scored in four straight contests against the Wild, has 35 career goals against them - his most versus any NHL club. Matt Stajan is doing his part to lift Calgary's ailing offense, collecting five goals in his last seven games.
Minnesota Wild (30-32-10): Minnesota will receive a boost with the expected return of captain Mikko Koivu, who has been sidelined for the last 15 games with a shoulder injury. Josh Harding provided a lift on Monday with a scintillating 33-save effort in a 2-0 victory over the Vancouver Canucks. The 27-year-old netminder has struggled versus Calgary, winning just one of seven decisions (1-5-1). Erik Christensen is certainly not struggling, as he is riding a four-game goal-scoring streak.
The Flames sit two points behind eighth-place
Los Angeles in the Western Conference, but they've also played one more game
than the Kings.
2. Minnesota's Dany Heatley simply can't seem to find the net. Heatley, who has been held off the scoresheet in his last eight contests, has just one goal in his past 16 games
NHL PREDICTION: Flames 2, Wild 1 (OT)
- Las Vegas Free NHL Picks: Dallas Stars vs Minnesota Wild
- March 11th NHL Hockey Odds: Calgary Flames at Minnesota Wild
- NHL Free Picks and Tips: Calgary Flames at Minnesota Wild
- NHL Hockey Odds: Pittsburgh Penguins visit Minnesota Wild
- Las Vegas Hockey Odds and Picks: Calgary Flames vs Minnesota Wild