NFL Vegas Sports Betting Lines: Kansas City Chiefs at Oakland Raiders
Friday, December 14, 2012
by Frank Martin
Kansas City looks to continue its dominance of the Raiders in Oakland on Sunday afternoon. The Kansas City Chiefs, led by red-hot running back Jamaal Charles, have won eight of their last nine games against their AFC West rival in Oakland. The Oakland Raiders have dropped six in a row and their last win came in Kansas City, when they limited Charles to four yards on five carries on the way to a 26-16 decision in Week 8.
Charles has regrouped and enters the game on the heels of three straight 100-yard games on the ground. Oakland, meanwhile has gotten little from Darren McFadden since he suffered an ankle injury over a month ago. McFadden is healthy now and hopes to provide a spark for the Raiders, who rank 30th in the NFL in rushing. He ran for a season-high 114 yards at Kansas CIty.
Kansas City Chiefs (2-11): Kansas City will be without star wide receiver Dwayne Bowe because of a rib injury. That spells trouble for a passing game which already ranks 31st in the league. Charles leads the AFC with 1,220 rushing yards and ran for 127 in Kansas City's 27-21 victory over Carolina one day after the Jovan Belcher incident. Charles gained 165 yards on the ground and scored on an 80-yard run on his first carry of the game last week but the Chiefs seemed to suffer an inevitable letdown in losing at Cleveland 30-7. Charles’ wife’s cousin was the victim in the Belcher murder-suicide, and the back has not talked about the incident.
Oakland Raiders (3-10): The Raiders held Kansas City to under 300 yards of offense in their Week 8 meeting. Other than that, it’s been a dreadful season on the defensive side of the ball for Oakland, which ranks near the bottom of the league in both defending the pass and the run. The Raiders dropped a 26-13 decision to Peyton Manning and the Broncos for their sixth straight setback last time out. Oakland has not scored over 20 points since a 42-32 drubbing against Tampa Bay back in Week 9. Carson Palmer continues to pile up the yards but he’s also thrown 14 interceptions and fumbled seven times. He threw a pair of TD passes against the Chiefs in the first meeting.
1. Palmer ranks seventh in the NFL in passing yards at 3,805. He is 748 yards short of 30,000 for his career.
2. Oakland gets back linebacker Rolando McClain from a two-game suspension.
3. Steve Breaston could get the start in place of Bowe but Chiefs coach Romeo Crennel said a decision had not been made. Breaston has been inactive for four of the past five games.
NFL Football Prediction: Raiders 20, Chiefs 17.
- NFL Las Vegas Free Betting Picks: Oakland Raiders vs Denver Broncos
- Week 17 Prediction: Must Win For Oakland Raiders vs San Diego Chargers
- Tough Test For Oakland Raiders Who Visits Green Bay Packers
- NFL Picks and Tips: Oakland Raiders at Minnesota Vikings
- NFL Lines and Odds: Raiders new QB Carson Palmer Host the Chiefs