NCAA Free Gambling Picks: No 1 Kentucky Wildcats at LSU Tigers
Saturday, January 28, 2012
by Joe Rodriguez
The Tigers have held 12 opponents under 60 points, but that isn't likely to happen against a Kentucky team that averages 78.4 points and has only once failed to reach that milestone.
Kentucky leads the series 80-24 and has won two straight. Kentucky leads 28-16 in games at Baton Rouge, with LSU's last home win in the series coming in 2009.
- Kentucky Wildcats @ LSU Tigers
When: 4:00 PM ET, Saturday, January 28, 2012
Where: Pete Maravich Assembly Center, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
TV: 4 p.m. ET. SEC Network, ESPN3
Check Live NCAA Basketball Odds on Justbet Sportsbook .
Kentucky Wildcats (20-1): The Wildcats continue to be one of the best shooting teams in the nation, averaging 48.3 percent from the field and 37.1 percent on 3-pointers. Kentucky had eight 3-pointers against Georgia, four of them by Darius Miller, who matched his season-high with 19 points. Point guard Marquis Teague had seven assists against Georgia and did not commit a turnover, only the second time that's happened this season. Kentucky's Terrence Jones has made only 7 of 16 free throws in the last two games.
LSU Tigers (12-8): Justin Hamilton has posted double figures in all six SEC games, including a career-best 27 against Florida, and is averaging 17.7 points against conference foes. Ralston Turner has relocated his shooting touch; he had three 3-pointers against Auburn (one of 11 by the Tigers) and posted his first double-figure game since Dec. 19. LSU will continue to work Johnny Bryant III back into the rotation; he had six points in 20 minutes against Miss State in his first game since breaking a bone in his left hand on Jan. 4. Many eyes will be on freshman Anthony Hickey (9.6 points, 3.9 rebounds, 3.9 assists), who was Mr. Kentucky Basketball a year ago, but not recruited by the Wildcats.
1. LSU is 3-12 all-time against No. 1-ranked teams, most recently losing to North Carolina in the 2009 NCAA tournament.
2. LSU has had at least 19 offensive rebounds five times this season and leads the SEC with 13.81 per game.
3. Darius Miller needs only two points to pass Dirk Minniefield and six points to pass Rex Chapman and into 48th place on the all-time list.
BASKETBALL PREDICTION: Wildcats 70, Tigers 57.
- SEC Tournament Las Vegas Picks: LSU Tigers vs Kentucky Wildcats
- NCAA Championship Free Picks: Kansas Jayhawks vs Kentucky Wildcats
- 2012 Final Four Predictions: Louisville Cardinals vs Kentucky Wildcats
- Sweet Sixteen Odds and Picks: Indiana Hoosiers vs Kentucky Wildcats
- NCAA Basketball Predictions: Florida Gators vs Kentucky Wildcats