NBA Predictions and Picks: Washington Wizards vs New Orleans Hornets
Tuesday, December 11, 2012
by Tomas Lopez
The struggling New Orleans Hornets will try to keep the Washington Wizards winless on the road when the teams clash Tuesday night. It's the first of two meetings this season. The Wizards won last season's only matchup, 99-89 in New Orleans, but they are 0-8 on the road this year. That's a rare bit of good news for the Hornets, who have lost three straight and 12 of 14.
The news keeps getting worse for the Wizards, who can add yet another key injury to a mounting list that has contributed to the worst record in the NBA. Already playing without star point guard John Wall (left knee) and forwards Trevor Booker (right knee) and Trevor Ariza (strained left calf), Washington lost Wall's replacement on Saturday when A.J. Price broke his right hand. Price (8.5 points, 4.9 assists) is expected to be sidelined 4-6 weeks.
Washington Wizards (2-15): With the rash of injuries, the Wizards are leaning more than ever on reserve guard Jordan Crawford (14.2 points, 3.9 assists) and rookie guard Bradley Beal (11.7 points). Forward Kevin Seraphin (12.4 points, 5.8 rebounds) has come on strong lately and forward Nene (10.6 points, 5.1 rebounds) has put up decent numbers in seven games since returning from injury.
New Orleans Hornets (5-14): Forward Ryan Anderson (18.4 points, 7.5 rebounds) leads New Orleans along with point guard Greivis Vasquez (12.4 points, 8.6 assists) and center Robin Lopez (11.9 points, 5.5 rebounds). There isn't much depth behind that trio. The Hornets have help on the way, as rookie big man Anthony Davis (ankle) is expected to return at some point this week, though likely not Tuesday.
1. Anderson leads the NBA with 64 3-pointers made, which puts him on pace to break Peja Stojakovic's team record of 231 set in 2007-08.
2. Seraphin has averaged 15 points, 8.2 rebounds and 1.2 blocks in the past six games. He has three double-doubles during that stretch.
3. The Hornets have forced at least 12 turnovers and held their opponents under 100 points in all five of their wins.
NBA Basketball Prediction: Hornets 95, Wizards 94.
- 2012 NBA Basketball Prediction: Washington Wizards at Cleveland Cavaliers
- NBA Las Vegas Betting Odds: Dallas Mavericks at Washington Wizards
- NBA Basketball Las Vegas Odds: Atlanta Hawks at Washington Wizards
- NBA Vegas Predictions: New Orleans Hornets at Washington Wizards
- NBA Basketball Prediction: Oklahoma City Thunder at Washington Wizards