NBA Prediction: Los Angeles Clippers at Oklahoma City Thunder
Wednesday, March 21, 2012
Two weeks ago, Wednesday's matchup between the visiting Los Angeles Clippers and Oklahoma City Thunder loomed as one of the most anticipated games of the season with the prospect of a duel between high-flying Blake Griffin and scoring machine Kevin Durant.
High anticipation has gravitated into high anxiety for both clubs, who are trying to find some consistency after enduring spells in which they each have lost four of seven games.
When: 8:00 PM ET, Wednesday, March 21, 2012
Where: Chesapeake Energy Arena, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
TV: 8 p.m. ET, FSW, FSOK
Los Angeles Clippers (26-19): A six-game homestand started the struggles for Los Angeles, which needed point guard Chris Paul to direct a pair of late comebacks just to finish .500. That formula did not work in a loss to Indiana on Tuesday in the opener of a three-game road trip. The Clippers did unveil their new-look starting lineup, with recently acquired Nick Young at shooting guard. Young had 13 points on 5-of-13 shooting and launched six 3-pointers, making one. He had averaged 16.4 points for Washington.
Oklahoma City Thunder (34-11): Oklahoma City's woes also starting on its home floor. The Thunder have alternated wins and losses since the Cleveland Cavaliers snapped their 14-game home winning streak. K. Durant scored 18 points on 6-of-22 shooting in Tuesday's 97-90 loss at Utah. It was Durant's lowest output since scoring 12 points on New Year's Eve. Point guard Russell Westbrook continues to get his points, but he has averaged only 4.4 assists during the seven-game stretch. F Serge Ibaka is averaging four blocks in his last 10 games.
ESPN reported that the Thunder is
expected to sign former Los Angeles Lakers PG Derek Fisher after he clears
2. Griffin is averaging 25.8 points and 10.8 rebounds in his career against Oklahoma City.
3. Thunder guard Daequan Cook sprained his right knee in the fourth quarter of Tuesday's loss.
NBA BASKETBALL PREDICTION: Thunder 103, Clippers 96
- NBA Basketball Predictionss & Odds: Los Angeles at Oklahoma City
- NBA Picks and Tips: Los Angeles Clippers at Oklahoma City Thunder
- NBA Betting Odds: Oklahoma City Thunder at Los Angeles Clippers
- NBA Basketball Odds: Oklahoma City Thunder at Los Angeles Clippers
- NBA Predictions: Los Angeles Clippers at Oklahoma City Thunder