NBA Basketball Odds: Washington Wizards at New Jersey Nets
Wednesday, March 21, 2012
Two of the Eastern Conference’s bottom dwellers square off when the New Jersey Nets host the Washington Wizards. Both squads have lost five of six games entering a contest that wraps up a six-game road trip for the Wizards.
Washington has the second-worst record in the conference and has a 4-18 road mark. New Jersey has the third-worst record in the conference. The Nets are 5-17 at home as they wrap up a three-game homestand.
@ New Jersey
When: 7:30 PM ET, Wednesday, March 21, 2012
Where: Prudential Center, Newark, New Jersey
TV: 7:30 p.m. ET, Comcast SportsNet (Washington), YES (New Jersey)
Washington Wizards (10-34): Point guard John Wall has played solidly since the All-Star break but has been turnover-prone over the last two games. Wall committed seven turnovers during Sunday’s loss to the Memphis Grizzlies two nights after having nine miscues against the Atlanta Hawks. Wall has committed 21 turnovers in three games after having just three over the previous three outings. Wall is averaging 20 points and 8.8 assists in 11 games since the break but is now adjusting to new teammates after the trading deadline deals that sent Nick Young and JaVale McGee packing.
New Jersey Nets (15-32): Forward Gerald Wallace was terrific in his second game with New Jersey. Wallace had 27 points and 12 rebounds in Monday’s loss to the Cleveland Cavaliers and provided a spark on both ends of the floor. The former All-Star had consistency issues with the Portland Trail Blazers and had just six double-doubles prior to being moved to New Jersey at the trading deadline. It will be interesting to see how Wallace meshes with point guard Deron Williams over the final third of the season.
New Jersey beat Washington 90-84 on Dec.
26 when Williams scored 23 points and Kris Humphries contributed 21 points and
2. Wizards center Kevin Seraphin had 12 points and 12 rebounds against Memphis for his first career double-double.
3. Nets guard Jordan Farmar (groin) has missed the last three games but could return against the Wizards.
NBA BASKETBALL PREDICTION: Nets 97, Wizards 92
- NBA Basketball Picks: Washington Wizards at New Jersey Nets
- NBA Basketball Odds: New Jersey Nets at Washington Wizards
- NBA Basketball Odds: Washington Wizards at New Jersey Nets
- NBA Basketball Predictions & Picks: Philadelphia at New Jersey
- NBA Basketball Prediction: Cleveland Cavaliers at New Jersey Nets