NBA Basketball Odds: New York Knicks at Atlanta Hawks
Friday, March 30, 2012
Interim coach Mike Woodson has New York rolling as the Knicks seek their ninth win in 10 games in Woodson's homecoming at Atlanta on Friday. Woodson coached the Hawks from 2004-10.
New York Knicks has moved into eighth place in the East and used a 21-0 third-quarter run to bludgeon Orlando 108-86 on Wednesday. The Atlanta Hawks are sixth in the East, 3 1/2 games ahead of the Knicks, but have lost two in a row.
When: 7:30 PM ET, Friday, March 30, 2012
Where: Philips Arena, Atlanta, Georgia
TV: 7:30 p.m. ET, MSG (Knicks), SportSouth (Hawks)
New York Knicks (26-25): New York seems to be able to do no wrong on the court. With Amar e Stoudemire sidelined by a back problem and Jeremy Lin out with an injured left knee, the Knicks got 25 points apiece from Carmelo Anthony and Iman Shumpert to wax Orlando. “Right now, with the coaching change, we’ve been playing extremely well,” Anthony said. “Guys seem to be responding pretty well. We’ve been really locked in on our mission right now.”
Atlanta Hawks (30-22): Playing for the fifth time in six days, the Hawks lost to Chicago 98-77 on Wednesday. Despite the fatigue factor, Joe Johnson said Atlanta is not always disciplined. “It seems like there’s a few guys who don’t know their roles on this team,” Johnson said without offering specifics. “We do a lot of things that don’t help us.” Marvin Williams has scored in double figures in five straight games, averaging 12.2 points.
Atlanta’s Josh Smith is averaging 25.5
points and 12.2 rebounds in his last six games.
2. The Knicks have won three in a row over Atlanta by an average of 14 points.
3. The Hawks host the Knicks for the first time this season. The Hawks are 100-47 all-time in Atlanta against the Knicks.
NBA BASKETBALL PREDICTION: Knicks 95, Hawks 89
- NBA Basketball Picks: New York Knicks at Atlanta Hawks
- Vegas NBA Basketball Prediction: Atlanta Hawks vs New York Knicks
- Las Vegas NBA Picks: New York Knicks vs Atlanta Hawks
- NBA Picks and Tips: New York Knicks at Indiana Pacers
- NBA Playoffs Picks and Tips: Miami Heat vs New York Knicks Game 3