MLB Sports Gambling: Los Angeles Dodgers vs Oakland Athletics
Tuesday, June 19, 2012
The Los Angeles Dodgers take to the road again as they begin another lengthy trip Tuesday against the Oakland Athletics. Los Angeles is kicking off a nine-game road trip just over a week after completing a 7-3 trek. Despite the successful trip, the major league-leading Dodgers are only five games over .500 (18-13) away from home.
Oakland had its season-high five-game winning streak snapped Sunday by San Diego. The loss, which dropped the Athletics to 2-1 on their nine-game homestand, also ended a string of four straight home victories for the club. Oakland has gotten an offensive boost from Brandon Moss, who has six home runs and 11 RBIs in 11 games since being recalled from Triple-A Sacramento. Moss has had success in his few meetings with Dodgers starter Aaron Harang, going 3-for-5 with a solo homer.
Harang is seeking his third consecutive victory and fifth in six decisions. The 34-year-old is coming off a no-decision against the Los Angeles Angels in which he allowed two unearned runs over seven innings. Harang has yielded three earned runs or less in seven of his last eight starts and each of his last four. He began his career with the Athletics and will be facing them for the first time in his career.
McCarthy has been even hotter than Harang as he is riding a personal five-game winning streak. The 28-year-old, who missed his last turn in the rotation due to shoulder pain, limited Texas' high-powered offense to one run and three hits over seven innings in a triumph on June 7. McCarthy has yielded two runs or less in six of his last seven outings.
1. The Dodgers have won only two of their last 11 games in Oakland.
2. McCarthy owns a 1.85 ERA in six starts at home this season.
3. Los Angeles OF Bobby Abreu is hitting .320 (32-for-100) in 38 games. He went 5-for-24 (.208) in eight contests with the Angels before being released on April 27.
Recent Trends on LA Dodgers: :
- LA are 9-4 in their last 13 overall.
- LA are 9-4 in their last 13 games on grass.
- Over is 9-4 in LA last 13 interleague road games.
Recent Trends on Oakland: :
- Over is 7-3 in OAK last 10 on grass.
- Over is 7-3 in OAK last 10 interleague games.
- Over is 7-3 in OAK last 10 overall.
Head to Head :
- LA are 1-8 in the last 9 meetings in Oakland.
- LA are 4-11 in the last 15 meetings.
Las Vegas Sports Betting MLB Prediction: Oakland -120
More Prediction at Las Vegas Sports Pick
- Prediction on MLB Games: Los Angeles Dodgers vs Oakland Athletics
- Baseball Predictions and Odds: Los Angeles Angels vs Oakland Athletics
- MLB Free Predictions: Boston Red Sox vs Oakland Athletics
- Las Vegas MLB Baseball Odds: Minnesota Twins vs Oakland Athletics
- June 24 Free MLB Picks: San Francisco Giants visit Oakland Athletics