MLB Sports Betting Odds: Kansas City Royals at Toronto Blue Jays
Wednesday, July 04, 2012
Despite hitting 84 home runs over the previous three seasonS, Toronto’s Adam Lind served a nearly six-week long demotion to the minors earlier this season. Lind is regaining his stroke with three homers over the last five games as the Toronto Blue Jays host the Kansas City Royals in Wednesday’s third contest of a four-game set. Lind hit the tiebreaking three-run homer off the facing of the second deck in right field as Toronto notched a 6-3 win on Tuesday.
Kansas City has lost four of five games after reviving hopes of reaching .500 with a season-best four-game winning streak. Kansas City posted a season-high total for runs in its series-opening 11-3 victory on Monday. Toronto is 41-40 midway through its schedule. All nine players in the Blue Jays’ lineup had at least one hit in Tuesday’s 13-hit effort. Four players had two hits, including third baseman Brett Lawrie, who has nine multihit outings in his last 18 games.
Mendoza pitched a career-best eight innings in his last start while dominating the Minnesota Twins. He gave up one run and five hits and didn’t walk anyone while recording eight strikeouts. Mendoza is 1-1 with a 6.06 ERA in four career appearances (three starts) against Toronto. He gave up four runs and 10 hits in 3 1/3 innings against the Blue Jays on April 21 but wasn’t involved in the decision.
Villanueva is making his second start after taking a no-decision against the Los Angeles Angels last Friday. He allowed three runs and seven hits in five innings and struck out six. Villanueva is 1-0 with a 3.77 ERA in four career appearances (one start) against Kansas City.
1. Lind has three two-hit games since returning to the majors on June 25 and has doubled his home run total to six.
2. Royals OF Jason Bourgeois is 7-for-13 against left-handed pitchers since being recalled from Triple-A Omaha.
3. Blue Jays OF Jose Bautista not only leads the majors in homers, but he recorded his 11th outfield assist in Tuesday’s game, which also is tops in the majors.
Recent Trends on Kansas City: :
- Under is 6-2 in KC last 8 road games.
Recent Trends on Toronto: :
- Over is 11-3 in Villanuevas last 14 starts overall.
- Over is 6-2 in Villanuevas last 8 starts on grass.
Head to Head :
- KC are 8-21 in the last 29 meetings in Toronto.
- Under is 7-3 in the last 10 meetings in Toronto.
Las Vegas Sports Betting MLB Prediction: Toronto -160
More Prediction at Las Vegas Sports Pick
- MLB Predictions and Picks: Toronto Blue Jays at Kansas City Royals
- MLB Las Vegas Betting Odds: Toronto Blue Jays vs Kansas City Royals
- Las Vegas MLB Odds and Picks: Chicago White Sox vs Toronto Blue Jays
- Monday August 13th MLB Odds: Chicago White Sox vs Toronto Blue Jays
- MLB Las Vegas Odds and Lines: New York Yankees vs Toronto Blue Jays