MLB Las Vegas Prediction: Los Angeles Dodgers at Colorado Rockies
Monday, August 27, 2012
Josh Beckett makes his first start for the Los Angeles Dodgers as the club begins a three-game series against the Colorado Rockies at Coors Field. Beckett was acquired along with Adrian Gonzalez, Carl Crawford and Nick Punto from the Boston Red Sox on Saturday in a blockbuster deal. The three-time All-Star Beckett has struggled this season but is a proven winner, claiming World Series MVP honors while helping Florida to the title in 2003 and capturing the American League Championship Series MVP award en route to a championship with Boston in 2007.
Gonzalez already has produced for the Dodgers, going 3-for-9 with a home run and four RBIs in his first two games with the club. Los Angeles went 2-4 on its six-game homestand and remains two games behind first-place San Francisco in the National League West. It also trails St. Louis by 1 1/2 games for the second wild-card spot. Colorado returns home from a successful seven-game road trip during which it went 5-2. The Rockies have won five of their last seven at Coors Field.
Beckett returns to the NL after spending the last 6 1/2 seasons with the Boston Red Sox. The 32-year-old has not won since July 15, going 0-4 over his last six starts. Beckett has allowed 18 runs in 16 1/3 innings over his last three outings, including a loss to the Yankees in New York on Aug. 19 in which he yielded four runs in six frames. He is 4-1 lifetime against the Rockies and 3-0 in four starts at Coors Field.
Francis is coming off a solid outing against the Mets in New York on Wednesday, when he allowed one run over five innings but settled for a no-decision. The 31-year-old Canadian has worked six innings or fewer in each of his 16 starts this season and has gone more than five frames only once in his last six outings. Francis, who yielded three runs over four innings in a no-decision at Los Angeles on Aug. 8, is 5-4 with a 3.46 ERA in 17 career starts against the Dodgers.
1. Dodgers OF Andre Ethier's streak of consecutive at-bats with a hit ended at a franchise record-tying 10 as he struck out in the first inning in Sunday's loss. Ethier and Ed Konetchy (1919 Brooklyn Robins) share the franchise mark.
2. The Rockies allowed a total of eight runs in five wins on their road trip while surrendering 10 in the two losses.
3. INF Punto reached base in each of his first four plate appearances as a Dodger, drawing three walks before hitting a single in his first official at-bat in the fifth inning Sunday.
Recent Trends on LA Dodgers::
- LA are 2-7 in their last 9 Mon. games.
- LA are 10-3 in their last 13 road games.
Recent Trends on Colorado::
- COL are 8-2 in their last 10 Mon. games.
- Over is 6-2-2 in COL last 10 home games.
- COL are 6-2 in their last 8 overall.
Head to Head :
- LA are 2-6 in the last 8 meetings in Colorado.
- Under is 10-4-1 in Francis' last 15 starts vs. LA.
Las Vegas Sports Betting MLB Prediction: Los Angeles -175
More Prediction at Las Vegas Sports Pick
- MLB Las Vegas Betting Odds: Los Angeles Dodgers at Colorado Rockies
- MLB Baseball Las Vegas Prediction: Boston Red Sox at Los Angeles Dodgers
- MLB Baseball Las Vegas Prediction: Boston Red Sox vs Los Angeles Dodgers
- MLB Sports Gambling: Arizona Diamondbacks at Los Angeles Dodgers
- Baseball Las Vegas Odds: Los Angeles Dodgers at Colorado Rockies