MLB Las Vegas Odds and Lines: Oakland Athletics vs Toronto Blue Jays
Tuesday, July 24, 2012
Oakland Athletics at Toronto Blue Jays
When: 7:07 PM ET, Tuesday, July 24, 2012
Where: Rogers Centre, Toronto, Ontario
TV: 7:07 p.m. ET, Comcast SportsNet California (Oakland), Rogers Sportsnet (Toronto)
The Oakland Athletics are the hottest team in baseball and look to continue their torrid play when they visit the Toronto Blue Jays in Tuesday’s opener of a three-game series. Oakland has won five straight games and is 14-2 after completing a four-game sweep of the New York Yankees. The never-say-die Athletics have 11 walk-off victories. Toronto scored 28 runs during a three-game road sweep of the Boston Red Sox despite being without injured slugger Jose Bautista.
The Blue Jays scored 15 runs in Sunday’s victory over Boston and their potent attack will find a challenge in an Oakland pitching staff that has a 2.62 ERA over its last 32 games. Toronto is second in the majors with 137 homers, with Edwin Encarnacion (26 home runs) just one homer behind team leader Bautista. Oakland is on a high after its sweep of the Yankees and is seven games above .500. The Athletics are a bona-fide threat to land one of the two wild-card spots. The teams split a two-game series in Oakland in May.
Blackley is making his ninth start since joining the rotation in late May. He took a no-decision against the Texas Rangers in his last outing when he gave up three runs and six hits in 5 1/3 innings. Blackley has issued just 10 walks in 56 2/3 innings. His lone appearance against Toronto came in 2004, when he pitched for Seattle and took the loss while allowing five earned runs and seven hits in five innings.
Cecil hasn’t lasted longer than six innings in any of his starts. He lost to the New York Yankees in his last outing when he allowed three runs and six hits in six innings. Cecil has allowed seven homers in 32 2/3 innings. He is 2-2 with a 2.79 ERA in four career starts against Oakland.
1. Each game in Oakland’s five-game winning streak has been decided by one run.
2. Toronto C J.P. Arencibia is batting .342 with four homers and 11 RBIs over his last 12 games.
3. Athletics C Kurt Suzuki had gone a career-long 78 games without a homer before clubbing one against the Yankees on Sunday.
Recent Trends on Oakland: :
- OAK are 25-9 in their last 34 overall.
- OAK are 25-9 in their last 34 games on grass.
- Under is 21-8 in OAK last 29 overall.
Recent Trends on Toronto: :
- Over is 41-15-1 in TOR last 57 Tue. games.
- TOR are 2-9 in Cecils last 11 Tue. starts.
- TOR are 4-9 in Cecils last 13 starts.
Head to Head :
- OAK are 5-12 in the last 17 meetings in Toronto.
Las Vegas Sports Betting MLB Prediction: Toronto -130
More Prediction at Las Vegas Sports Pick
- Place a Bet on MLB Baseball: Los Angeles Angels at Toronto Blue Jays
- MLB Odds for July 30: Toronto Blue Jays at Oakland Athletics
- MLB Vegas Sports Betting Odds: Toronto Blue Jays at New York Yankees
- Baseball Las Vegas Odds and Picks: Boston Red Sox vs Toronto Blue Jays
- MLB Las Vegas Odds and Lines: New York Yankees vs Toronto Blue Jays