MLB Las Vegas Odds and Lines: New York Yankees vs Chicago White Sox
Monday, August 20, 2012
With their lead in the American League Central down to 1 1/2 games after three straight losses to the lowly Kansas City Royals, the last thing the Chicago White Sox need is a visit from the AL-best New York Yankees. The White Sox were nearly no-hit by Jeremy Guthrie on Sunday and totaled eight runs in three games against a Royals pitching staff that ranks in the bottom third of the AL. The Yankees have won nine of 12.
Chicago had won five of seven before getting rolled over by Kansas City and is beginning a six-game homestand against the Yankees and Seattle. The White Sox will need to put up a good showing at home before a road trip takes them through playoff contenders Baltimore and Detroit. New York continues to coast toward a division title, taking two of three from the Boston Red Sox over the weekend to keep their lead in the East at five over the Tampa Bay Rays. Ichiro Suzuki joined the Yankees’ home run parade with a pair of blasts Sunday, helping to increase the team total to a major-league best 189.
Garcia has won three straight starts, allowing two earned run in each game. The veteran right-hander surrendered a pair of solo homers to Josh Hamilton on Wednesday but limited the Texas Rangers to only four total hits in 6 2/3 innings. Garcia played for Chicago from 2004-06 and again in 2009 and 2010 and is 5-5 with a 4.46 ERA in 12 career starts against his former team.
Floyd snapped a three-start winless streak last time out, holding the Toronto Blue Jays to four runs (three earned) while striking out eight in six innings. After averaging four walks in his previous six outings, the right-hander did not walk a batter at Toronto. Floyd walked five and allowed four runs on eight hits in 5 1/3 innings to suffer a loss at New York on July 1. He is 2-3 with a 6.07 ERA in eight career games against the Yankees.
1. Chicago 3B Kevin Youkilis (right knee) was held out of the lineup Sunday and is day-to-day. Youkilis recorded his 1,000th career hit Saturday.
2. Yankees 1B Mark Teixeira (left wrist inflammation) has missed the last three games but is expected to start Monday.
3. White Sox DH Adam Dunn, who hit his 400th career home run Saturday, has just two home runs in 68 at-bats against the Yankees, matching his lowest total against any team.
Recent Trends on NY Yankees: :
- Under is 7-2 in NYY last 9 Mon. games.
- NYY are 9-3 in their last 12 overall.
- NYY are 9-3 in their last 12 games on grass.
Recent Trends on Chi. White Sox: :
- CHW are 15-5 in their last 20 home games.
- Under is 6-2 in CHW last 8 games following a loss.
- Under is 23-11-2 in CHW last 36 Mon. games.
Head to Head :
- NYY are 8-2 in the last 10 meetings.
- Under is 9-3-1 in the last 13 meetings.
Las Vegas Sports Betting MLB Prediction: New York -115
More Prediction at Las Vegas Sports Pick
- MLB Betting Odds: New York Yankees vs Chicago White Sox
- Las Vegas MLB Prediction: Minnesota Twins vs Chicago White Sox
- August 21 Free MLB Picks: New York Yankees vs Chicago White Sox
- Las Vegas MLB Baseball Odds: Oakland Athletics vs Chicago White Sox
- 2012 Baseball Odds: Texas Rangers at Chicago White Sox