MLB Las Vegas Free Betting Picks: Los Angeles Dodgers vs Atlanta Braves
Sunday, May 19, 2013
by Tomas Lopez
The Atlanta Braves have been no stranger to the long ball in 2013, especially when playing at Turner Field - something the Los Angeles Dodgers have learned all too well in the first two games of their series, which wraps up Sunday afternoon. Atlanta will try for its second three-game sweep in six home series this year, while Los Angeles looks to snap a five-game road losing streak.
The Braves rank second in the National League with 55 home runs - 24 of which have come in 16 home games. They've hit three homers against the Dodgers, and they've made them count. Justin Upton's grand slam provided the go-ahead runs in Friday's 8-5 Atlanta win, and Evan Gattis and Andrelton Simmons hit back-to-back homers to account for all the Braves' scoring in a 3-1 win Saturday.
Magill is still in search of his first win as he makes his fourth major-league start. He posted a quality start in his major-league debut against Milwaukee before a disastrous outing May 4 at San Francisco. He was somewhere in the middle his last time out, allowing three runs over five innings against Miami. His control has been an issue, as he has walked 10 and hit a batter in 13 innings.
Minor has won two straight starts and recorded three consecutive quality starts since his lone poor outing of the season April 28 at Detroit. He worked out of trouble last time out at Arizona, allowing one run on eight hits over 6 2/3 innings. Minor has suffered from tough luck against the Dodgers, going 0-1 despite a 2.37 ERA in three outings - all quality starts.
1. The Braves have hit 20 home runs against opposing relievers, the most in the majors. All three of their homers in the series have come against the Dodgers' bullpen.
2. Dodgers CF Matt Kemp is a career .174 hitter at Turner Field, and he is hitless in his last 22 at-bats there. Kemp is 1-for-8 against Minor.
3. Los Angeles 2B Mark Ellis played seven innings and went 0-for-3 with a walk in a rehab start with Double-A Chattanooga on Saturday. Ellis, who has not played since April 26 because of a strained right quad, is expected to join the Dodgers in Atlanta on Sunday and fly with the club to Milwaukee. He could be activated Monday or Tuesday.
Recent Trends on LA Dodgers:
- LA are 2-8 in their last 10 games following a loss.
- LA are 6-2 in their last 8 Sun. games.
- LA are 4-11 in their last 15 overall.
Recent Trends on Atlanta:
- Over is 10-3-1 in ATL last 14 overall.
- Over is 10-3-1 in ATL last 14 on grass.
- ATL are 9-3 in their last 12 Sun. games.
Las Vegas Sports Betting MLB Prediction: Braves 7, Dodgers 3.
More Prediction at Las Vegas Sports Pick