MLB Free Predictions: Toronto Blue Jays host Philadephia Phillies
Friday, June 15, 2012
After getting shut down by the best team in the National League East, the Toronto Blue Jays will look to bounce back against the division's worst squad when they host the Philadephia Phillies on Friday in the opener of a three-game series. Toronto managed to score only seven runs in losing three straight at home to the Washington Nationals. The Blue Jays have dropped six of their last seven - scoring three runs or fewer in each of the losses - to drop below .500 for the first time this season.
The reeling Phillies won at Minnesota 6-1 on Thursday night to take two of three in the series and win back-to-back games for the first time since May 30-June 1. Joe Blanton tossed a complete game as Philadelphia halted a string of seven straight games in which the opposition scored at least five runs. Jim Thome belted a three-run homer to extend his hitting and RBI streak to six games. He is batting .458 (11-for-24) with three homers and 13 RBIs in that span.
Worley is making his third start since missing more than three weeks with inflammation in his surgically repaired elbow. He went six innings against the Baltimore Orioles last time out, allowing three runs - one earned - and five hits. Worley has been solid away from Citizens Bank Park, logging a 2-1 record with a 2.03 ERA in five road starts.
Hutchison was hurt by the long ball in his last start, giving up a pair of home runs in a 5-2 loss in Atlanta. Each of Hutchison's losses have come on the road, but the 21-year-old has been a different pitcher at Rogers Centre, posting a 3-0 mark and 2.42 ERA in four starts. He is limiting opponents to a measly .206 batting average against at home.
1. Thome is two homers shy of tying Sammy Sosa (609) for seventh place on the career list and needs one more to become the fourth player to hit 100 homers with three different teams.
2. Blue Jays slugger Jose Bautista has gone deep in back-to-back games and has seven homers and 15 RBIs in his last 11 games.
3. Toronto went 2-for-16 with runners in scoring position against the Nationals.
Recent Trends on Philadelphia: :
- Over is 8-1 in PHI last 9 interleague road games.
- Over is 22-4 in PHI last 26 road games.
- Over is 10-2-1 in PHI last 13 interleague games.
Recent Trends on Toronto: :
- Over is 6-2-1 in TOR last 9 interleague home games.
- Under is 5-2-1 in TOR last 8 on grass.
- Under is 5-2-1 in TOR last 8 overall.
Head to Head :
- PHI are 6-2 in the last 8 meetings in Toronto.
- PHI are 6-2 in the last 8 meetings.
Las Vegas Sports Betting MLB Prediction: Toronto -135
More Prediction at Las Vegas Sports Pick
- Las Vegas Odds: Philadelphia Phillies vs Toronto Blue Jays
- June 16th MLB Predictions: Philadelphia Phillies & Toronto Blue Jays
- MLB Baseball Predictions: Texas Rangers vs Toronto Blue Jays
- MLB Predictions and Odds: Tampa Bay Rays vs Toronto Blue Jays
- Las Vegas MLB Odds and Picks: Chicago White Sox vs Toronto Blue Jays