MLB Free Predictions: Kansas City Royals & Houston Astros
Tuesday, June 19, 2012
The Houston Astros got contributions from several different players in building a big lead in the series opener on Monday. It only took closer Brett Myers a few pitches to make an easy night turn into a nail-biter. The Kansas City Royals suffered a 9-7 loss in the opener but set themselves up for the rest of the series by proving that they have no trouble against the back of the Houston bullpen in a five-run ninth.
Astros infielder Brian Bixler hit his first career home run and recorded three hits and three RBIs on Monday while Justin Maxwell continued to make the most of a rare opportunity with his eighth home run. Kansas City trailed by seven runs but brought the tying run to the plate three times in the ninth and have played well of late, coming into the series with wins in five of the previous six games. The Royals have scored seven runs in each of their last two losses.
Rodriguez has not lost since May 18 but has only two quality starts in his last five turns. The veteran left-hander, who will be the subject of trade rumors for the next month, won at San Francisco last Thursday, allowing three runs and six hits in six innings. Rodriguez lost his lone previous start against the Royals, yielding four runs in six innings.
Hochevar has not won since May 12 but had a promising turn against Milwaukee last Thursday, allowing three runs in 7 1/3 innings. The former No. 1 overall pick has surrendered at least four earned runs in five of his last nine starts. Hochevar pitched at Houston in 2009, allowing two runs in seven innings in a no decision.
1. The Astros on Monday reached a deal with Lance McCullers Jr., the 41st overall pick in the draft, for a reported signing bonus of $2.5 million.
3. Houston RH Bud Norris (knee) threw in the bullpen on Monday and could start a rehab assignment later this week.
Recent Trends on Kansas City: :
- Under is 9-3 in KC last 12 on grass.
- Under is 9-3 in KC last 12 overall.
- Under is 6-2 in KC last 8 interleague games.
Recent Trends on Houston: :
- Over is 17-5 in HOU last 22 on grass.
- Over is 17-5 in HOU last 22 overall.
- HOU are 6-16 in their last 22 overall.
Head to Head :
- Under is 8-3-2 in the last 13 meetings.
Las Vegas Sports Betting MLB Prediction: Houston -130
More Prediction at Las Vegas Sports Pick
- Place a Bet on MLB Baseball: Kansas City Royals at Houston Astros
- MLB Las Vegas Odds: Texas Rangers Visit Houston Astros
- MLB Baseball Betting Odds: 2011 Kansas City Royals Odds
- Where to Bet MLB Baseball: Cincinnati Reds at Houston Astros
- 2012 Baseball Odds: Houston Astros at San Francisco Giants