MLB Free Predictions: Chicago White Sox vs Los Angeles Dodgers
Sunday, June 17, 2012
The two first-place clubs have traded one-run victories in the first two games of the series, with the Los Angeles Dodgers rallying for a 7-6 victory on Friday and the Chicago White Sox holding on for a 5-4 triumph Saturday. Miscues have loomed large - Friday’s winning run scored on a wild pitch, and the decisive run in Chicago’s win was made possible by a one-out error. The White Sox, who snapped a three-game losing streak Saturday, have won 12 of their last 16 games against the Dodgers.
The Dodgers, who lead the National League West by four games, have flourished behind a pitching staff that ranks among the major league leaders in ERA, opponent batting average and several other categories. The White Sox own 1 1/2-game lead over Cleveland in the American League Central thanks largely to 1B Paul Konerko (.359) and DH Adam Dunn, who has rebounded from a historically terrible 2011 season to lead the major leagues with 23 home runs.
Quintana has been effective as a spot starter, giving up just five runs in 23 innings over four starts. He has gotten himself into trouble at times during his last two outings, giving up 19 hits, but opponents have turned those hits into just three runs. Quintana is 1-0 with a 1.23 ERA in three games (two starts) on the road this season.
Capuano has been one of baseball’s great surprises this year, particularly at home, where he is 5-0 with a sparkling 1.66 ERA in six starts. He has been human in June, giving up 13 runs (10 earned) in 15 1/3 innings over his last three trips to the mound. Part of the problem has been his control - Capuano has allowed nine walks this month.
1. Dunn is 7-for-23 (.304) against Capuano with two doubles, two home runs, five RBIs, three walks and eight strikeouts. The rest of the White Sox are a combined 5-for-21.
2. This will mark Quintana’s first appearance against the Dodgers. He won his lone previous interleague start, a June 12 win at St. Louis (5 1/3 IP, 10 H, 1 ER, 4 K).
3. Despite losing three of their last four, the White Sox are 46-24 over their last 70 interleague road games.
Recent Trends on Chi. White Sox: :
- CHW are 9-3 in their last 12 road games.
- CHW are 37-16 in their last 53 interleague games.
Recent Trends on LA Dodgers: :
- Over is 6-2 in LA last 8 games following a loss.
- Over is 10-4-1 in LA last 15 Sun. games.
- LA are 37-17 in their last 54 home games.
Head to Head :
- CHW are 12-4 in the last 16 meetings.
Las Vegas Sports Betting MLB Prediction: Los Angeles -112
More Prediction at Las Vegas Sports Pick
- Betting in Vegas: Chicago White Sox vs Los Angeles Dodgers
- MLB Las Vegas Betting Odds: Boston Red Sox vs Chicago White Sox
- MLB Predictions and Picks: Chicago White Sox at Los Angeles Angels
- Betting on Vegas MLB Games: Detroit Tigers vs Chicago White Sox
- Las Vegas MLB Baseball Odds: Seattle Mariners vs Chicago White Sox