MLB Baseball Predictions: Chicago White Sox vs Seattle Mariners
Friday, April 20, 2012
by Mike Stewart
The Chicago White Sox come stumbling into Seattle on the heels of four losses in their last five games, but they have won seven of eight overall against the Mariners and five straight games at Safeco Field.
Seattle was three outs from winning its home first series over Cleveland in nine years when closer Brandon League blew the save to spoil a spectacular outing by ace Felix Hernandez on Thursday. The defeat came two nights after Seattle coughed up a seven-run, fifth-inning lead in a 9-8 loss to the Indians. Fernandez struck out 12 in eight innings and handed a 1-0 lead to League.
Making the conversion to starter after two seasons as a reliever, Sale took a step back in his second outing after a strong season debut against Cleveland. Facing Detroit's vaunted lineup, Sale allowed three runs on five hits in five innings. Of more concern is that he allowed two runs to score on wild pitches and all five hits were for extra bases.
Noesi has gone the opposite route of Sale, bouncing back from a dismal performance in his season debut with a stellar performance last time out. Noesi, who was acquired from the New York Yankees in the Michael Pineda deal, threw eight scoreless innings against Oakland, scattering five hits and striking out six. He's also in his first season as a starter.
1. White Sox 1B Paul Konerko is batting .370 and has hit safely in 11 of 12 games. He has 30 homers in 111 games against Seattle.
2. Chicago batters are tied for the AL lead in strikeouts, while Seattle ranks next to last in on-base percentage and OPS.
3. The Mariners are 3-16 against Chicago since the start of the 2010 season.
MLB BASEBALL PREDICTION: White Sox 4, Seattle 2
- MLB Baseball Picks & Tips: Seattle Mariners at New York Yankees
- MLB Baseball Betting Odds: Seattle Mariners vs Chicago White Sox
- MLB Baseball Las Vegas Prediction: Seattle Mariners vs Chicago White Sox
- MLB Free Predictions: Baltimore Orioles vs Seattle Mariners
- Prediction on MLB Games: Oakland Athletics at Seattle Mariners