MLB Baseball Las Vegas Prediction: Atlanta Braves at New York Mets
Monday, July 22, 2013
by Tomas Lopez
Dillon Gee hopes to replicate his last performance - except for the ending - against the Atlanta Braves when the New York Mets open a four-game home series Monday. Gee spun a gem in Atlanta on June 17, carrying a 1-0 lead into the ninth inning before allowing Freddie Freeman’s walk-off two-run homer in a 2-1 defeat. The Mets have won seven of their past 10, taking two of three from Philadelphia last weekend.
The Braves’ injured outfield is expected to add Jason Heyward for Monday’s game. Heyward, who has been out since July 11 with a strained right hamstring, is expected to shift from right field to center field as Atlanta remains without regular center fielder B.J. Upton (on the disabled list with a strained adductor muscle). The Braves dropped two of three to the Chicago White Sox over the weekend.
Teheran allowed a season high-tying five earned runs in his last start July 14 against Cincinnati, giving up seven hits in 5 1/3 innings. The 22-year-old is 1-1 in July with 13 strikeouts in 17 2/3 innings after striking out 37 in 32 1/3 innings in five June outings. He surrendered one run on five hits in 6 2/3 innings at New York on May 26, getting a no-decision.
Gee surrendered five hits with one walk and six strikeouts in Atlanta last month, but is 2-0 with a 3.73 ERA in five starts since. The right-hander beat Pittsburgh in his last start on July 14, holding Pittsburgh to zero earned runs on five hits in 6 2/3 innings. He is 3-4 with a 3.49 ERA in 10 career starts against the Braves.
1. Atlanta 3B Chris Johnson has hit safely in 41 of his past 53 games.
2. New York RF Marlon Byrd hit his 17th homer Sunday and is three away from his career high set in 2009 with Texas.
3. Gee has a .500 record at home (3-3) and on the road (4-4), but sports a 2.83 ERA in home games as opposed to a 5.46 ERA away from home.
Recent Trends on Atlanta:
- Over is 7-1-1 in ATL last 9 road games.
- ATL are 9-2 in their last 11 Mon. games.
- Over is 12-3-3 in ATL last 18 overall.
Recent Trends on NY Mets:
- Over is 7-1 in NYM last 8 home games.
- Over is 9-2 in NYM last 11 games following a win.
- Over is 6-2 in NYM last 8 vs. National League East.
Head to Head:
- Under is 8-2 in Gees last 10 starts vs. ATL.
- ATL are 17-7 in the last 24 meetings.
Las Vegas Sports Betting MLB Prediction: Braves 3, Mets 2.
More Prediction at Las Vegas Sports Pick