Las Vegas Odds: Los Angeles Dodgers at New York Mets
Friday, July 20, 2012
The New York Mets finally snapped a six-game winning streak on Thursday afternoon. Now, they return home to face a Los Angeles Dodgers team that also has been slumping in July. The Dodgers had dropped seven of nine before topping Philadelphia on a 12th-inning walk-off homer by Matt Kemp on Wednesday. Kemp’s recent return from injury was a much-needed lift for an offense that ranks 27th in the majors in runs scored.
That anemic Los Angeles lineup will have its work cut out for it Friday. New York starter Johan Santana has won all five of his career starts against the Dodgers, posting a microscopic 0.50 ERA in those games. Both teams are getting solid starting pitching this season, though the Mets have had major bullpen trouble — the relief corps has blown 16 of 38 save opportunities, one of the worst rates in baseball. Los Angeles, meanwhile, leads the majors in quality starts and is second in team ERA (3.28).
Harang has allowed more than three earned runs in just one of his last nine starts. The Mets are the lone blip in that hot streak, tagging him for five runs (four earned) on seven hits in 5 2/3 innings en route to a 9-0 win on June 29. Harang has recovered with two seven-inning efforts, but he allowed three home runs in those games.
One of the feel-good stories of the first half, Santana has struggled mightily in hist last two starts, giving up 13 runs on 21 hits in just 9 2/3 innings. His last win came against the Dodgers on June 30, when he yielded just three hits in eight shutout frames. Santana has been far less effective on the road, going 2-4 with a 5.36 ERA in nine away starts this year.
1. Los Angeles hitters are batting just .150 (29-for-193) against Santana. INF Jerry Hairston Jr. has had a miserable time against the left-hander, still looking for his first hit after 18 fruitless at-bats.
2. Harang is just 3-4 with a 6.09 ERA in his nine lifetime starts against the Mets. New York 3B David Wright is 11-for-20 with four doubles and six RBIs against him, while OF Jason Bay is batting .327 with five homers.
3. The Dodgers have dropped seven of their last eight road games and have lost 19 of their last 26 overall.
Recent Trends on LA Dodgers: :
- LA are 1-7 in their last 8 road games.
- LA are 2-8 in their last 10 games following a win.
- LA are 7-19 in their last 26 overall.
Recent Trends on NY Mets: :
- Over is 9-4 in NYM last 13 overall.
- Over is 9-4 in NYM last 13 on grass.
- NYM are 4-9 in their last 13 Fri. games.
Head to Head :
- LA are 2-6 in the last 8 meetings.
- Under is 7-3 in the last 10 meetings.
Las Vegas Sports Betting MLB Prediction: Los Angeles +135
More Prediction at Las Vegas Sports Pick
- Las Vegas MLB Lines: Colorado Rockies at New York Mets
- Place a Bet on MLB Baseball: Los Angeles Dodgers at New York Mets
- Where to Bet MLB Baseball: Los Angeles Dodgers at New York Mets
- Baseball Predictions and Odds: New York Mets at Los Angeles Dodgers
- Las Vegas MLB Odds and Picks: Baltimore Orioles vs New York Mets