Las Vegas MLB Odds and Picks: Seattle Mariners vs Los Angeles Angels
Friday, August 10, 2012
The Los Angeles Angels attempt to end their scoring drought at home when they host the American League West-rival Seattle Mariners in the opener of their three-game series on Friday. Los Angeles, which is one game out of the second wild-card spot in the AL, has gone 23 innings at home without scoring a run. The Angels had little trouble scoring during their 4-6 road trip, registering six or more runs in seven of the 10 contests.
Los Angeles kicks off a 10-game homestand against Seattle, which is wrapping up a nine-game road trip. The Mariners are 1-5 on the trek thus far, scoring three runs or less in five of the contests. Seattle hopes to have Brendan Ryan back in the lineup Friday as the shortstop has missed four games with a bruised left elbow.
Hernandez has been sensational since losing to San Diego on June 12, going 6-0 with a 1.41 ERA over 10 starts. The 26-year-old Venezuelan has tossed three shutouts during that span, including a two-hitter against the Yankees in New York on Saturday. Hernandez fell to 6-10 in 26 career starts against the Angels on May 26, when he surrendered five runs in six innings.
Santana makes his first home start since a loss to Texas on July 21 in which he yielded six runs while recording only five outs. The 29-year-old Dominican worked five serviceable innings in a win at Texas nine days later and allowed two earned runs over six frames in a no-decision at Chicago on Saturday. Santana was pummeled in a loss to Seattle on June 4, falling to 11-7 lifetime against the Mariners after surrendering seven runs over 4 2/3 frames.
1. Hernandez is just 2-5 in 13 career starts at Angel Stadium.
2. The Angels have won only two of their nine series since the All-Star break.
3. Los Angeles has captured 21 of its last 27 home meetings with Seattle.
Recent Trends on Seattle: :
- Under is 7-2-1 in SEA last 10 road games.
- SEA are 7-23 in their last 30 Fri. games.
- Under is 6-2 in SEA last 8 games following a loss.
Recent Trends on LA Angels: :
- Over is 6-2 in LAA last 8 overall.
- Over is 6-2 in LAA last 8 on grass.
- LAA are 2-6 in their last 8 overall.
Head to Head :
- SEA are 3-8 in Hernandezs last 11 starts vs. LAA.
- SEA are 15-37 in the last 52 meetings.
Las Vegas Sports Betting MLB Prediction: Seattle -105
More Prediction at Las Vegas Sports Pick
- Las Vegas MLB Baseball Odds: Seattle Mariners vs Los Angeles Angels
- 2012 Baseball Odds: Seattle Mariners at Los Angeles Angels
- Las Vegas MLB Baseball Odds: Oakland Athletics vs Los Angeles Angels
- September 7 Free MLB Picks: Detroit Tigers vs Los Angeles Angels
- MLB Baseball Picks: Los Angeles Angels vs Seattle Mariners