Las Vegas MLB Odds and Picks: Kansas City Royals vs Chicago White Sox
Tuesday, August 07, 2012
The Chicago White Sox are filling the bleachers with baseballs while sitting at a season-best 12 games over .500 entering Tuesday’s game against the visiting Kansas City Royals. The American League Central leaders have slammed 10 home runs in four games and clubbed two in the opener of the three-game set. Gordon Beckham’s eighth-inning blast snapped a tie game as Chicago won for the 10th time in 13 games. Kansas City is 3-15 in its last 18 road contests.
Bruce Chen will be on the mound for Kansas City. The White Sox hit three homers against the left-hander on July 13 when they roughed him up for six runs and nine hits in 4 2/3 innings in a game the Royals won 9-8. Adam Dunn, Alex Rios and Dayan Viciedo all took Chen deep. The Royals expect to have third baseman Mike Moustakas (knee) back in the lineup after he missed three of the last four games. Kansas City didn’t steal a base in the opener after having 16 thefts over the previous seven games.
Chen hasn’t won since defeating the Tampa Bay Rays on June 26. He has pitched less than six innings in six of his last seven starts, going 0-3 with four no-decisions. Chen lasted just 2 2/3 innings and gave up four runs in a no-decision against the Cleveland Indians in his last outing. He is 3-4 with a 3.81 ERA in 16 career appearances (11 starts) against Chicago.
Peavy has won back-to-back starts, both coming against the Minnesota Twins. He gave up just one earned run in both victories. Peavy lost to the Royals on July 14 when he gave up six runs and 12 hits in seven innings. He is 4-5 with a 4.92 ERA in 10 career starts against Kansas City.
1. Chicago C A.J. Pierzynski didn’t homer in the opener to halt a streak of homering in five consecutive games, but he has a .433 career average with two homers in 30 at-bats against Chen.
2. Royals SS Alcides Escobar homered twice against Peavy in last month’s game for his first career multi-homer game.
3. Beckham is just 1-for-16 in his career against Chen.
Recent Trends on Kansas City: :
- KC are 7-2 in their last 9 Tue. games.
- KC are 8-20 in their last 28 road games.
- KC are 10-24 in their last 34 overall.
Recent Trends on Chi. White Sox: :
- CHW are 14-3 in their last 17 home games.
- CHW are 7-2 in their last 9 games following a win.
- Over is 6-2 in CHW last 8 home games.
Head to Head :
- KC are 32-68 in the last 100 meetings in Chicago.
Las Vegas Sports Betting MLB Prediction: Chicago -200
More Prediction at Las Vegas Sports Pick
- Las Vegas MLB Prediction: Chicago White Sox vs Kansas City Royals
- Saturday September 8th MLB Odds: Kansas City Royals vs Chicago White Sox
- July 14 Free MLB Picks: Chicago White Sox vs Kansas City Royals
- July 13 Free MLB Picks: Chicago White Sox vs Kansas City Royals
- MLB Baseball Picks & Tips: Kansas City Royals at Chicago White Sox