Las Vegas MLB Odds and Picks: Detroit Tigers vs Kansas City Royals
Tuesday, August 28, 2012
The Detroit Tigers and ace Justin Verlander couldn't pick a better opponent than the Kansas City Royals when they're trying to gain ground on the American League Central lead. Verlander, who is 14-2 with a 2.36 ERA in 21 starts against the Royals, will start the opener of a three-game series at Kansas City. He has won seven straight decisions against Kansas City dating to 2009.
The Tigers have won five of six and took a weekend series from the red-hot Los Angeles Angels, and they pulled within two games of the division lead when the Chicago White Sox lost Monday at Baltimore. Even more good news for the Tigers - they have 10 more games this season against Kansas City. The Royals have played well recently, winning 11 of 19, but they've lost two straight series.
Verlander hasn't factored in the decision in his last three outings, but has posted quality starts in all of them. He struck out 12 and allowed two runs over nine innings Thursday against Toronto but didn't get the win because the Tigers needed extra innings to win the game. In two starts against the Royals this season, Verlander is 1-0 and has allowed four runs in 17 innings.
Mendoza is 3-2 with a 3.66 ERA in five starts this month, but wasn't at his best Wednesday at Tampa Bay, lasting only 4 1/3 innings and giving up two runs on five hits and four walks. Mendoza has made two starts and five relief appearances against Detroit, and he is 1-1 with an 8.80 ERA. He held the Tigers to one earned run over seven innings in a win last season.
1. Tigers star Miguel Cabrera (ankle) made two starts as the designated hitter before sitting out Sunday. With Monday's off day, the Tigers hope Cabrera can return to his post at third base Tuesday night.
2. Detroit OF Delmon Young is 5-for-8 with a homer, two runs scored and two RBIs in the past two games.
3. Billy Butler is the lone Royals player with a strong track record against Verlander. He is 16-for-46 (.348) with two homers against the Tigers' ace.
Recent Trends on Detroit: :
- DET are 4-9 in their last 13 Tue. games.
- Over is 17-6-1 in Verlanders last 24 Tue. starts.
- DET are 8-3 in Verlanders last 11 Tue. starts.
Recent Trends on Kansas City: :
- KC are 7-2 in their last 9 games following a loss.
- Under is 10-4 in KC last 14 overall.
- Under is 10-4 in KC last 14 on grass.
Head to Head :
- DET are 8-1 in the last 9 meetings.
- DET are 16-5 in Verlanders last 21 starts vs. KC.
Las Vegas Sports Betting MLB Prediction: Detroit -210
More Prediction at Las Vegas Sports Pick
- Las Vegas MLB Baseball Odds: Detroit Tigers vs Kansas City Royals
- Betting on Vegas MLB Games: Kansas City Royals vs Detroit Tigers
- Baseball Predictions and Odds: Kansas City Royals vs Detroit Tigers
- Place a Bet on MLB Baseball: Kansas City Royals at Detroit Tigers
- MLB Baseball Predictions: Kansas City Royals vs Detroit Tigers