Las Vegas MLB Baseball Odds: Toronto Blue Jays vs Seattle Mariners
Wednesday, August 01, 2012
The hottest team in the American League was one of the worst squads in the majors over the first three-plus months. Now, the Seattle Mariners are playing solid baseball and seek their seventh straight victory when they close a three-game series against the Toronto Blue Jays on Wednesday. The Mariners are in the midst of their best stretch since May 2011 and have won 13 of their last 19 games.
Toronto has tallied just four runs during a three-game losing skid. The normally potent offense is struggling with slugger Jose Bautista and catcher J.P. Arencibia on the disabled list. The Blue Jays are one game below .500 and have fallen five games off the pace in the AL wild-card race. Seattle has outscored its opponents 32-14 during its winning streak. The Mariners are redefining roles in their bullpen after trading Brandon League (Los Angeles Dodgers) and Steve Delabar (Blue Jays) prior to the trading deadline.
Villanueva has won four consecutive starts and has allowed just five runs during the stretch. He defeated the Detroit Tigers in his last outing when he gave up two runs and four hits in five innings. Villanueva has fanned 65 batters in 61 2/3 innings. He has a 2.45 ERA in four career relief appearances against Seattle.
Beavan has won three consecutive starts following a five-plus week demotion to the minors. He gave up just one run and four hits in 6 2/3 innings against the Kansas City Royals in his last outing. Beavan has 14 strikeouts and just one walk in 20 2/3 innings since his return. He is 0-1 with a 6.75 ERA in two career starts against the Blue Jays.
1. Seattle 1B Mike Carp is batting .476 with five RBIs over his last six games.
2. Blue Jays 3B Edwin Encarnacion is 3-for-4 with two homers and a double against Beavan.
3. Mariners SS Brendan Ryan had his first three-hit game of the season and is batting .205, the first time he has been at .200 or better since April 21.
Recent Trends on Toronto: :
- Under is 5-2-1 in TOR last 8 road games.
- TOR are 4-9 in their last 13 road games.
- Over is 6-2-1 in Villanuevas last 9 road starts.
Recent Trends on Seattle: :
- Under is 18-7-2 in SEA last 27 home games.
- Under is 23-9-2 in SEA last 34 overall.
- Under is 23-9-2 in SEA last 34 on grass.
Head to Head :
- Over is 9-3 in the last 12 meetings.
- TOR are 6-13 in the last 19 meetings in Seattle.
Las Vegas Sports Betting MLB Prediction: Seattle +100
More Prediction at Las Vegas Sports Pick
- Las Vegas MLB Baseball Odds: Toronto Blue Jays vs Seattle Mariners
- Monday July 30 Prediction: Toronto Blue Jays vs Seattle Mariners
- MLB Vegas Sports Betting Odds: Toronto Blue Jays at New York Yankees
- Baseball Las Vegas Odds and Picks: Boston Red Sox vs Toronto Blue Jays
- MLB Baseball Picks: Tampa Bay Rays vs Seattle Mariners